Looking to buy a mid 90's or newer 66" HO VTX, VTR, or VTM

WBLskier

• Baller
I am trying to find a mid-90's 66" HO VTX, VTR or VTM for my wife. She is just learning to slalom and has been on a 65" VTR which she likes. I'm going to put my daughter on the 65" so I need to find something to replace it with. I will also need to find a front medium binding. If anyone has one they'd be willing to part with please let me know. Thanks.

• Baller_
There are several skies as stated above that will bring her through that level on to the next and probably be a long while before needing an upgrade. They would be more stable, easier on the body and there's little to no chance they would be broken down if found on the use market (unlike the ones your looking for). Radar Vice, Senate. Theres a bunch of D3s out there that would work. The HOs mentioned...... I'm sure I'm missing several here but go see Ski-it-again.com and sort skies by "make", find a price you like and even come back here and ask opinions on what you find.

• Baller

How about either of these? she is 5'4 125 lbs and skiing at 24-26mph. I wouldn't mind upgrading again next year if she really gets into it. I just don't want to spend a lot and have her interest fizzle out. Thanks.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=19501

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=19285

• Baller

What about this 2011 P-6? Would she want something better as soon as she got a little better or would she be okay on it for a while? Is it really not intended for more than 30mph? Would it be too big and wide for my 6 year old or maybe that is good? Thanks.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=16976

• Baller
They can both get up on one on the VTR. I am worried that a p6 will be too wide for her to turn easily, but maybe that isn't going to be a problem. I found a good price on one that I would snatch up if I think it would be good for her. Does anyone know someone who has tried one in the course?

My opinion. Until the H-O Truth came along, the VTR was the most unforgiving ski in the H-O line. Lots of rocker, narrow tail and very small sweet spot. You might look for a CDX- much better ski in every way. Not as fast or as forgiving as newer models but still light years ahead of the VTR. I did like the VTR color though...

My 17 year old daughter went from an O'Brien Combo Junior slalom ski to a used 65" HO Extreme VTR. For the first 6 tries, not so stable coming out of turns. The more she skied, though, better the results and her turns are now very good and she looks pretty comfortable out there. I'd like to get some feedback on what ski she should go to next? 5'7". Thanks!

• Baller
We have a 65” HO Siren that looks as good as new. It’s the Triumph shape with ladies graphics. It has small double Venom boots. It was lightly used for one season by our daughter before she left for college. We would sell it for a reasonable price if interested.