So I need to buy a new Sportube?

Horton

@horton

That happened to me on its maiden voyage, 5 years ago, and I just pried them away from the case and they roll fine. The wrinkle in the plastic is fine too, but believe me, the airline baggage handlers can smash anything. Most of the bag sorters are electronic scanners with mechanical diverters that can smash anything as well.

• Baller
Mine ended up with a big dent with a hard crease that I couldn't knock out completely. Months later, I took another trip and when I grabbed my sporttube at luggage claim, the dent was gone! No joke.

• Baller_

I take black pipe installation (used to reduce water pipe sweat in norther climates) and put it around the ski (that's already in nio sleeve) so it looks like the ski has a bumper pad all the way around the edge. Cheap padding. At each end of the tube is 2" of rubber foam. Firm but forgiving. Then gear in a mesh bag sits up front. And I simply have not found or seen a better fin protecter. And its not that expensive.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=15434

Of course all of this is pointless when it's run over by one of those luggage mover train vehicles on the tarmac.