Disabled Nationals

skifreak

• Baller
Thanks!! ha ha!! dont give me too big a head here! But true, I ran 26.7 /15 off, I havent run this since 2007 in Australia! Thanks Fennells for the pull at SMRR yesterday! My nats start on Friday. flyin' out to CA Wednesday... (Shortline Lake) Looking to take back some hardware... Lets see if I can! I took about 5 shots at 26.7 before I ran it, and as I was going, at 3 ball it felt good, squeaked around 4, and I still had time to pull for 5.. amazing. Gave it everything I had going for 6, thought I was not going to make it, (I had got 5 behind Austins' 2012 Malibu a month ago) and as I rounded 6, I couldn't believe it. I did kind of a segmented 3 pulls >>> going from 6 to the gates I was in shock..

• Baller
@usaski1 have fun out at nationals. I have been working with 3 disabled skiers from Atlanta all summer two of which will be 3 eventing out at Nationals. I wish I was going out but class started today. Sounds like your skiing is going well! Hope to see you at Nationals next year!

We are excited to have the Disabled Nationals at Shortline Lake this year! I hear there are athletes from Canada, Brazil, Mexico and Australia coming as well. I will make sure to do an update and take some pictures. They can always use some help volunteering for these events. If you are around come and help out even if it is only for a couple hours. We are having a 2rd Slalom Record on Sunday for all the able body skiers. We still have a few spots left. @usaski1 - See you in a few days Mark!

• Baller
At Shortline now. Today is all three events, Slalom, Trick, N' Jump\. Kinda sore from yesterday, did a slalom set and a trick set. I'll post pics here, and updates tonight. Horton, can you change the thread name to Disabled Nationals? -- Thanks

• Baller
Hornsey is present, but not skiing. Seems pretty beat up. Thanks for changing MattP. I skied all 3 events today.. Im so beat.. and we do it all again tomorrow. So far, im doing okay... but dont know if I'll take home any hardware. Super fun though.. and I got more helment video over the jump! I got 4 at 43k (26.7 mph) on slalom, good for me, and about average. kinda botched my trick run.. and jumped a whopping (joke) 39 feet. there are 25 skiers total.

• Baller
so results were: I got 3rd overall.. and do have a medal to show for it.. and will be traveling to milan italy in july 2013. my 26.7 pass yesterday started real nice (seems like thwey all do) and I was early for 1, and 2, and as I came around 2, kinda double pulled on the way to 3, and I know I was done... made 3, but didn't make 4. Dang. Pics and video to come later. Tricks Sucked... as usual. Flew 43 feet off a 4 foot ramp, at 28mph. On my 3rd jump, got crazy, made a huge double wake cut, was out of control and boy that ramp was big, red, and commin' fast! Let loose of the handle about 20 feet before the ramp, and went between the boat and the ramp. (DQ situation if it was my 1st jump)