Carbon Pro Owners

rodltg2

• Baller
I still haven't quite decided on what boat to get for next season.That is if I play my cards right and able to do so. I thought I was settled on the TXI or 200OB. But after seeing and skiing carbon pro recently I am really leaning that direction. Not to mention its about $10K less. The boat is probably the least family friendly of the bunch, but I really dig it. I havent had the chance to drive one yet though. Now that there's two seasons behind us since it came out, what are your thoughts on it? I know it skiis well, but how about fit and finish, ride, reliability? Are you guys liking the sea deck floor? The bimini looks like it has nowhere to lay down. Do you have to remove it completely to tow? Anyone use theres on public lake /open water? If so how does it handle it. BTW if and when I do get a new boat, I will be supporting a promo guy.

Boat is 100% excellent as a tourney boat, but not great for a family boat, lots of storage, but pretty bad on open water I imagine since it beats you up crossing its own wake after a corner. The floor is great and as long as you dont get black or white you will like it. (heat and dirt respectively).

There is some fit and finish problems with mine. There is some gel coat cracking on the floor where the screws go in, and the engine cover lining is coming loose.

The bimini can lay down with a cover on if you want it to (to the back like normal) but I take mine off whenever I need to, it only takes a few minutes.

You didnt mention the excellent gas mileage and good hole shot, both great points on this boat.

• Baller
I am a promo guy with a 2012 Carbon Pro in Texas, the boat has worked about 12 tournaments this season and now has 80+ hours. It will be working 4 or 5 more events before the season ends. 98% of skiers enjoy the pull and probably 75% of drivers like it. Ski performance ranges from beginners and into 39 off, and jump distances into the 160's. The sea deck floor is great, easy to keep clean and drys fast. Storage is plentiful behind and below the observer seat and along the sides of the boat. My boat has never been on public lakes but I can only imagine the ride would be rough in choppy water, like any 3-event boat. The bimini folds up and can rest on the engine box for storage, but is very easy to remove by pulling 2 pins. My cover fits on the boat with the bimini folded up. From a quality / construction point of view, the Carbon Pro has held up nicely. The interior, seats, instruments, exterior finish still look like new and the PCM 5.7 has performed as expected. Centurion did not cut corners on building the boat, they just left off some of the fancy finish out details. There were a few small changes from 11 to 12 and I don't know yet how the 13 might change. From a value perspective you will save $10K but you wont give up quality and performance. As soon as I sell my 2012 I will order my 2013.

• Baller

Hey to Mike Dunlap and all others whom posted thank you...

I would like to know a few more details before go for it...can I get a pull behind one?

Also with the PCM engine in the 5.7L does the engine sound quiet or drone like the SN 196?

(One more how do trickers like the wake at 17.2mph?

TIA

IN WI.

The Carbon Pro is an awesome boat!! The sea deck floor is awesome. I have the brown hardwood look and it doesn't get hot. You do have to take the bimini off but it fits over the engine cover. The boat drives great! Especially the 12's since the rudder was moved a bit compared to the '11's. The '11's still drive good - I have drove many people through 39 and even a few 41s. We are selling our 2011, red and back, if you are interested. And we will be getting a '13.

• Baller

Out of curiosity, does anyone leave their boat out in the sun any longer than they use it or do you guys cover it up as soon as it comes out of the water?

I ask because I have a lot of experience with hydroturf which is basically the same thing as seadek and the color fading is horrible. I've used yellow, lime green, red, blue, gray, white, and black. So far gray and black are the ones that hold color. All the other fade insanely fast after a few months of 4-5 hours of use a weekend. White obviously doesn't fade but I couldn't keep it clean. Although gray and black hold their color, if they are left in the sun, they will degrade and have to be scrubbed every couple weeks or it will stain a white bathing suit.

• Baller

jfw432 - I have the upgraded light gray seadeck and have not seen any fading at all. After the boat has been used I clean it and put the cover on, so it is not sitting in the sun. The seadeck is very easy to clean and it does not seem to get hot. Another benefit of seadeck is it drys very fast.

Klundell - I can't publish pricing based or promo program requirements, Pls go to ski-it-again in the promo boat section and look up number SIA19786. From there you can contact me. Its a great boat with a great price and you will enjoy the slalom pull.

shoeskiman - Come to Houston and I will gladly pull you behind the Carbon Pro. The boat will also be working a few local tournaments around the Houston area in Sept, this is another way to justify a trip!!!!! The PCM 5.7 does not create any abnormal engine noise, I consider this a none issue.

@MikeDunlap what is your floor cleaning method?

Our CP sits on a level lift and I'm wondering if I can wash with a garden hose, soap and gentle brush. Can the bilge keep up with the hose or pull the drain plug??

• Administrators
I mix Simple Green and water. Spray that on the foam floor. Scrub with a floor brush and then wipe clean with a towel. It is a bit of work but it looks awesome afterwards.