Knee Brace Problem ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller

After Surgery it was deemed as a pre-cauntionary measure, that I wear a knee brace, when I water ski, it serves no purpose for the problem, I have, but would protect the surgery should I have a nasty or awkward fall, preventing my knee from twisting,

The problem with the Brace is the water pressure, catches the straps and the velcro is not strong enough, so it comes apart, I initially got round it by wearing a spray guard over the brace, protecting the velcro, worked for a while, after some use the spray guard starts to migrate down my leg whilst skiing.

Thinking of trying to attach some Reclosable Dual Lock, instead of the velcro, anybody done this, or have another way round the problem ?

• Baller

I like to put a secondary flap of velcro that goes back over the loose end the other direction.

So factory strap comes across and lays flat, secondary closure comes across from the other side and lays across the factory strap.

That or you can usually rivet a snap through the velcro at approximately the point where you always tension the brace, pull the strap, taught and put the snap it. Velcro only likes pulling in tension.