Tournaments?

Horton

• Baller

Skied lots of tourneys during undergrad both collegiate and AWSA...well lots is relative. Probably 8-10 combined at peak. Med school and residency 0-2 per season, sometimes going to watch my bro having not skied in 3-4 weeks myself, but skied 'em cuz I was there. First few years in MN didn't ski any as didn't feel like had a chance of PB. Got back up to speed at 36 and figured post 35 y.o. and the speed drop I would be killing it...turned out tougher than I thought. The last few years just enough tourneys so no penalty on ranking score (3 tourneys).

Prob same next year and hope to hang an even better avg out there though pretty happy with this season. Could prob have better overall scoring if I skied a pile of 'em so better chance of getting a number of scores into 39, but lots of other commitments important to me.

depends on whether the Ballerfest World Championship team slalom event happens in 2013. If so that will be my first tournament if it gives me a chance to team up with some other ballers and ski against that dude from the land of "not quite right" that used to hang around here irritating everybody else

• Baller
I did 2 or 3 tournaments back in the 1990's but did not get enough ski time to be competitive, much less time off to ski. My situation has changed where I have more time off during the week and I get to ski on calm water more. Took a stab at tourmanents again in 2011 after a long hiatus. My goal is to make it to nationals once..

• Baller
I'm kind of in between the options. I skied my first tournament in 2007. I didn't know anyone there, so I was pretty nervous. I still managed 1-1/2 @ 38 on my second round, which is a good score for me, so I was pretty stoked. Since then I have been hooked, but due to injuries and proximity (only a few tournies within a 300 mile radius), I only ski in 2 or 3 per year.

• Baller
I'm only twenty so I can't say I've been skiing tournaments forever but 6-7 years is more than 2-3 by a good margin cosidering 7 is over a third of my life and 3 is less than a sixth. Either way I plan on being a lifer, last season I improved from running 1@ 32 off in tournament to running 5@32 off and I'm itching to put that final buoy up and get into the blue line.

• Baller

@Texas6 - all the people I met at that first tournament were really supportive, but 1.5 @ 38 was middle of the road for the Mens 4 guys I was skiing with. Several of them run 38, and one runs 39 now and again. Got to be good friends with many of them and one of the main reasons I go to tournaments is that it is the only time I see this group of people. Really great bunch of folks!

I still have had plenty of walks of shame. Worst was at regionals where after a 13 hour drive, I went down at 3 ball at -32...

• Baller
Skied my first tourney in 98, went out @ 26mph 15 off, missed, took my mulligan and got 3 @30 mph fist pumping all the way back to the dock. Lots of free skiing w/ no coaching for quite a few years. Took down the green loop twice last year in the same tourney(men 4). It's been a long road here on Long Island. Lets just say I'll just keep chippin' away @ the blue loop!