Rhoni Barton

brody

• Baller

It is extremely important to get children coaching from a coach who actually knows how to coach children. In May of 2011 we had Nicole Arthur do a clinic for us prior to the Masters ( prior to this year I always sponsored a pro clinic around the Masters in view of our close proximity).

Although Nicole did a great job w/adult men 34mph skiers and women @ all speeds she left much to be desired for tips for my 8 year old daughter. Basically, she was a cheerleader between passes w/no coaching suggestions. As I rode in the boat and asked a few questions the answer to virtually every question was it had been so long since she was at that level she really didn't know. It didn't take long to realize trying to get anything useful out of her was a waste of time.

As for her business professionalism it took numberous phone calls, text messages and emails between responses. Often it would take weeks for a response and always the response started w/"I'm sooooooo sorry........blah, blah, blah. Prior to this years Masters a couple of the participants from the past year's clinic wanted to see if Nicole would coach them again at their expense (not mine) and asked if I would check for them. She never returned my messages.

Drew and Neilly on the other hand are a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the one and only time Kate had a chance to ski w/them was a horrible weather day after the Expo this past September so the skiing wasn't particularly good but at least Drew made the best of it w/some general tips. However, while I was in the boat watching another skier, Kate and Neilly were busy jumping off the boathouse roof into the lake and having a great time. It is important for kids to be kids and w/Drew and Neilly they have that opportunity.

Although I haven't had the opportunity to have Kate ski w/Rhoni I have heard nothing but good things about her coaching kids. Having spoken w/her at several CC dealer meetings I consider her to be as pleasant a person as there is in the sport and would welcome an opportunity to have Kate spend some time on the water w/her.

Another coach who has an excellent reputation for coaching kids (especially girls) is April Coble-Eller but she's not located in Florida. One day I hope to get Kate some time w/her as well.

• Baller
Brenda Baldwin does a bunch of Jr. Dev in the South and East. I drove a clinic in GA with her this past summer. She has two girls in G2 and G3 I believe. She relates to Jr.s well because she has two she coaches on a daily basis. Though I do not think she coaches from her house she does do clinics.