Perfect Pass Revisions.

Phil2360

@GregHind,

I know your in the loop on this, should I grab a 8.0.2 upgrade now

or is there likely to be another revision not far off.

We usually ski till around Easter, so no point in holding off for a

further upgrade that may be a couple of months off.

Cheers

• Baller

Phil. This version has been around for a while now. I normally start to get a hold of new versions about Easter for testing. Normally because I'm after something and it is rolled in with everything else. The upgrade is cheap I'd do it. There seem to be a few subtle differences. I've driven boats with it but haven't done mine yet.

They usually dont do a lot of development on the software while their lakes are frozen.

• Baller

Just some FYI. This thread made me wonder again if it were possible to get the NO Timing Magnet option software without having to get Z-Box, so I e-mailed the question to PP last evening. Reply came today. As follows -

Hi,

Yes, you can get the upgrade for the NO MAG timing for $150 US. It does not require the Z-box upgrade.

Thank You,

Aaron

@Greghind,

"Frozen Lakes".....

Didn't think of that one!

Bailing out when the water gets down to 17ºC (62ºF) is about our form.

Later winter it's down to about 11ºC (50ºF) & that's way out of the question.

Looks like I'll punt an order off tomorrow.

Phil

@Aussiemc,

Generally the programmers sent out have a counter set to do one upgrade only.

I think this is something PerfectPass can override if needed, sure @GregHind would know.

I just sent them an order about 1/2 hour ago so not sure if it could be intercepted & changed,

although it would have been sent at about 7:00pm their time.

@Ryno mentioned he got a $30.00 Refund when he returned the chip, so looks like the total upgrade cost for him was $20.00.

Seemed pretty cheap in the end for the additional R & D that's gone into the software.

If they could do something I'd happily forward one on COD via AustPost, that's pretty cheap.

Cheers

Phil

• Baller
What are all the revisions in 8.0.2, exactly? the only real issues I;ve had with mine are in wakeboard mode (did I just say a bad word?) it goes from 20.3 mph to 25 mph in the turns. That would be an awesome fix, although adjusting cs/cr helped a bit. On the slalom side, if it could be programmed like ZO, where I could just push the throttle down the full, and have it not speed overrun that would be good. Also, I can't spin at the ends and get good times if its still engaged, always get hot gates, 1 and 2. If I drop, its all good.