No ZO or PP, Wake Kicks Like a Mule

A_B

• Baller
My dad and I made a project out of it over a summer or two. We replaced a bunch of mahogany planks, stringers, etc., new upholstery, and the white caulked front deck, windshield, basically everything including rebuiding the original motor. A real classic. Straight exhaust, no muffler, like my first Nautique. Back when loud was ok. Rode like a tank, but pretty high on cool factor, even back then, in mid-70's.

• Baller_
What does it have for power? One dropped in our lake last fall powered by a straight six, sounded great on the water, knew something cool was on the water from inside the house. That particular one was immaculate.

• Baller
@DW, it was a straight six truck block, if I am recalling properly. It only ran upper 30's or maybe low 40's on a choppy tailwind, but it planed like a tournament boat, without a long planeoff like other I/O boats. I think the rebuilt motor was running more compression than a stock one, but no idea on hp. I believe there were some V8 versions that run pretty strong for the time period.