Dream week tournament - Acapulco

SM

• Baller
my guess is they go 36 because that is the pro speed, in order to see if Maple can still hang with or beat pro skiers I think you would have to do it at pro speed. Making the pros slow down doesn't make much sense. Besides that I've heard it is "easier" (by easier I mean slightly less impossible) to run 41 off at 36 because the ski carries speed out to the ball better rather than slowing down and drifting in narrow of the ball.

• Baller
If Andy places in the top 10 at this Acapulco Invitational Pro will he continue to be eligible for any more BIG DAWGS in the next 3 years. I think he is signed up for Moomba Big Dawg, and his schedule says he will be at others. AAWWW its getting interesting now. This Acapulco tournament isn't on the official list, so maybe its OK if he places, (all it takes is top 10) if he runs 39 @ 36 places in the top 10 will he still be eligible for BD. Maybe Greg will chime in on this. Or maybe the Acapulco Tournament isn't rated, even though there is money for the winners. Maybe its an exhibition???

• Baller

I will weigh in on this one......right now 36mph is kicking my old butt! Been at it for a week and very sore. Skiing occasional 36 is OK, but daily is a whole new world. I am VERY thankful to even have this opportunity to help support my friend Gordon and Ski Paradise as he has put a lot of effort into getting this going. The Pro's invited to this event are the best the sport has, and for me to hang with them for a week is an honor. Come tournament time, I will give it my all and will have all the competitive juices I used to have. (I will wear extra shorts for a good butt whippin')

I have also entered Moomba (Pro division). This again is an awesome opportunity, as I plan to head to the Southern Hemisphere for promotion of Mapple Skis.

Big Dawg question.....IF I did get fortunate and place in any of these events, I am 50 now and BD rules allow 50+ to ski both.

I will writing a daily journal of these events, if I am not too sore!!!

• Baller
The BallOfScores feed is all set up and ready to go when the event starts. It looks like the event is moved up to Wednesday & Thursday. You can follow live scores in the BallOfScores iPhone app, on the front page of the website(click home), and it will be on the side of the forum where Instagram usually is.

• Baller
The great thing about having the Masters and the BOS ATL ProAm in your back yard is seeing these guys go at it mutiple times. I would live to be there tomorrow that's for sure, but I will settle for those two events this year. Hopefully next year I will make it down for this event.