Used slalom.....what to get?

jerseydave

• Baller

So I'm wanting to get back into slalom again after many years away from it. Open water mostly, but I may wish to run the course for fun at 32 mph. I currently ski on an old HO VTX from 1998 (67" with double wraps). It's pretty heavy, so what would be a good ski to look for at a low price? I would be ok with a RTP instead of a boot.

I'm 6' and 175 lbs. 40+ ;)

• Baller
If you can pick up a used ski made in the last 4-5 years, you'll be quite happy at that level. I doubt you'll need to spend more than $300-$400 for a nice and very capable ski. If you start getting serious and do the course regularly, you may want to upgrade again but no point in spending tons of money for ski if you just want something a little better for semi-aggresive open water skiing. www.ski-it-again.com should help you out.

• Baller

@jerseydave , i have a 67" HO triumph available. Perfect ski for open waters and the speed you are skiing. Also i think a 67 would fit your height/weight profile. The ski is a 2011 (blue and white). I highly recommend it. Im wanting a new ski to progress in the course this year. Maybe a S1 or S2.

Do some research on it and ask around. I dont have it advertised so it's yours if interested.

• Baller_
I would recommend hitting your local pro shop and trying to demo a few variants. You will find ones you like and don't like thus minimizing the chance of getting one you don't really like, or missing on one that really suits you well.

If your intrestead, I have a 2012 Connelly Carbon V which is 67in that has a a stoker binding (medium) for the front and a talon RTP for the back for sale. It's a great ski for what your looking for and is still an excellant 34 mph ski. Even the Horton liked it in his review of it.