2013 D3 Quest???

rq0013

• Administrators

I have seen some R&D skis and rode something that might have been sort of like the final ski. All I know for sure this that they have been tweaking like crazy for a year. They are getting good at keeping secrets.

I watched a friend ride one two weeks ago. Looked really good.

I need to confirm but I hope to ride it for a weekend in about a month.

• Baller
I talked to Will Bush about the ski at the AWSA board meeting. A variation of the X7 w/ very good results. Rides higher, creates better space before the buoy and the tip stays down thru the finish better. I'll have a 67" and 66" for demo by March 1.

• Baller_
Looked at the D3 site and size chart for the quest. There I am again....between ski sizes. I would think 185 would be a common waight. You'd think ski companies would go to lengths in more of a 66.5, 67.5 and a 68.5 (do away with 65, 66, 67). I want to try it but I end up having to try two all the time.

• Baller

Let me clarify - I was told they started with X7 as a platform and evolved shape, bevels, rocker, etc to create the new ski. I did not mean to infer that it was simply an "improved" X7. There are those that really like the X7 (i.e. my daughter) and would disappointed if it were no longer available.

@shaneh - after March 1.