Used boat market is slim pickins right now!

rodltg2

• Baller
Its been close to two months since I sold my boat and I can't find anything to replace it with ! There is not much out there right now for what I am looking for. There are only 3 1998/99 Nautiques I can find for sale right now that are relatively close. But each one has its drawbacks. 1) 1500+ hours,2) has tower , no PP , no bimini , wont come down on price, 3) Does not have a trailer, cant find a used one and a new one cost $4200. I am not willing to pay an inflated price or shipping that will put the boat over value.

• Baller
1500 hours maybe not be alot, but I sold a real clean low hour1993 Califnornia Skier that skied great. I sold it it to upgrade , not go lateral or downgrade . I want a clean, lower ( 1000 or so ) hour 98-99 Nautique for about 12-13K. Prefer no tower and within a days driving distance from Sacramento CA.

• Baller
@rodltg2 that boat looks like a seriously nice unit. 201 hours!!! Original owner and allll service records since new from the same dealer. Tandem trailer.........dude that boat is a contender even with the tower. Can't you just remove the top of the tower from just above bottom u connection? Pick up PPSG off of SIA and you are in business. It's worth call to the owner for sure.

• Baller
FWIW I may know a guy I used to ski with years ago who's getting ready to sell his '02 CC 196, 300-ish hours, very well maintained, red-white-blue, PP Classic installed. He bought the boat new and was pretty anal about maintainance (he's a mechanic by trade). No idea on price but may be on Ski-It-Again soon. He's kind of lost interest and is starting to liquidate ski stuff. If/when he puts it up I'll try to get him to post something here or I can I suppose.

• Baller

I have to recant my statement from above

"@Matt, that is a little contradictory to the offer you made me :)"

......There is another @mattP (Matt Page) in the ski world out there somewhere that made me an offer I definitely COULD refuse on my boat for sale....sorry MattP.....

• Baller

Man sounds like you did things the wrong way. Sold when it's the best time to buy and buying when it's the best time to sell.

I wouldn't sweat 1500 hours if the boat looks like it's been cared for. If it starts burning/leaking oil and needs to be rebuilt in the next couple years, the price of the rebuild is probably still going to be less than a comparable boat with low hours.

• Baller
I know your looking for a cc but I have a 1999 response lx for $15,500 obo that I'm about to put up for sale. It has 480 hrs and is overall in great shape. Red and white. If your interested let me know. Otherwise, I should have it posted on SIA soon. Perfect pass stargazer as well. Rudder and pp are dialed in perfectly.

• Baller

low hours on this one. It's located in Florida even though it's advertised on Brandon's website. Pretty low hours for a 1998 and looks to be in decent shape. Trailer looks a little... eh. I've got up close pictures of this boat in my email inbox. The guy sent them to me a while back when I was considering a 1997-1999

centralkyinboards.com/detail.asp?Type=Ski&ID=1112

• Baller

My friend is looking for a boat. He's currently watching a 2001 19'6" Air Nautique. I am just worried that he will not like the slalom wakes behind anything with the words "air" on it. He's not an active competitor but he did use to get into -28 about 5 years ago.

I'm pretty sure he is looking for an all-around family boat. He does wakeboarding, too... He says he wants an open bow 19-20ft boat with fuel injection & a tower at <$17,000. Any recommendations (make, model, year) I should give him?

• Baller

Probably a few reasons for the low supply out there.

- The guys who unfortunately could not afford to keep their boats due to the economic down turn have dumped their boats by now.

- Because of the economic down turn people are being more responsible with their disposable income and buying a used, clean, low hour boat is smarter and just feels more responsible.

- Sticker shock of buying new not to mention the instant depreciation as you leave the lot drives people to explore used.

- As already mentioned. Time of year.