Tradition

DUSkier

• Baller
So have been thinking about this for a while and would like some input, I feel there should be some tradition for the first time you cut rope in a tournament. Surely someone has some suggestions for what this could be. e.g. get to throw the boat driver/judge in the water. Keep the rope or something similar. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

• Baller
@richarddoane I tried bribery like that at regionals one year when I was M2...told 'em I'd buy a case of beer if I ran 35 off. After my opener I got yelled at for nearly pulling 'em out of the course on my gate cut and from that point I'm sure I got no favors!

• Baller

I think the skier who runs the first rope shortening pass should get to keep the rope. @6balls, when I skied at the Midwest Regionals I jumped off the starting dock back first and landed like a cannon ball since I did not know how deep it was to avoid my ski and fin getting covered with mud. The boat judge and driver said you can get in lots of trouble getting your driver and judge wet.. They were kidding of course..

• Baller

@DUSkier - Instead of letting them keep "the rope" perhaps the lake could just make up "rope awards" out of bulk or old rope.

Maybe a scaled length of colored cord for the distances they removed,

So you'd get a red 15" cord, you'd get 7" of orange, then 6" of yellow, and 4 inches of green.

Then the person can burn/tie/crimp them together, tie them on their ski bag or whatever.