Vanity purchases for your boat

kevintcom

• Baller

I had a CC Full Throttle steering wheel (Stainless spokes w/black wheel) which is an awesome look but didn't match the gray dash on my '07 SN. This wheel had been sitting in my closet for 2+ years when finally I had a total refurb job on Scott Ellis' former 2008 SN which had been trashed (so bad it was used in a wakeboard video as a slider). When the customer decided to go with a my used gray dash & consul rather than spring for a new black one I was on my way to installing the Full Throttle wheel.

Black dashes were not an option in 2007 so now I have one of the only '07 SN196s with a black dash and consul and Full Throttle wheel. Was it worth it considering only 2 people all of last year commented on it? Yeah, worth every penny and all the R&R time (it was a real pain to do).

• Baller
Lets see? Guide Pads, Cipa Extreme mirror, ZO install and gauge custom mount. Polk momo 10" woofer, 4 x mm651um, Amp, heater install, and a complete set of Faria Chesapeake gauges. SS cup holders. Also boat lift canopy, electric lift motor and side curtains. Motor, switches and frame to lift side curtains next.

• Baller

I could say just about everything on my boat but I think that most of my vanity mods have really fallen into the category of restoration and repairs. I did add some LED lights that were obviously vanity only though. Chrome valve covers for the engine because I didn't want to clean the rust off the old ones in order to paint them. I added PP Stargazer last year and will probably get rid of my second airguide speedo just because it's a little ugly and no one ever looks at it anymore.

No one is willing to admit that they bought the stripper pole for their boat that was posted earlier? lol

I paid a fiberglass guy to buff my boat to showroom shine. Then, I oiled the teak platform. I have, since, added some functional "Nautique" nonskid pads to the trailer fenders, replaced one seat skin, and upgraded the stereo. Everything else has been in the name of function or performance, even if it looks nice, too.

• Baller

468 cubic inch twin turbo chevy. It isn't bad out of the hole, and if the skier won't get out from behind the boat, I have ways of convincing them :)

nice flat wake though:

oh...and my wife is there in spite of the boat, not because of it :)

• Baller
Love it. Grew up on the river with go fast boats all over. I have an innate desire to get a flat bottom v-drive someday. There was one on the river that had to run over 120 mph, as he made our 65 mph boat seem like it was dragging a parachute.

• Baller
It is a ton of fun, easy to work on, and I like that it is a Jet, which makes it pretty hard to use it as a human blender. Of course the limiting factors are it is easy for a hard skier to steer the boat, there isn't a ton of room, and it is a weeee bit on the loud side.