Ski with music ?

rodltg2

• Baller
Anyone try skiing with an iPod or any other device with music? I do snow skiing but not water. Other than tower blaststing speakers , is there a way to do this. ? Feel like it could be a tension tamer or motivater.

• Baller
Nah, I like it quiet when I ski....sounds of the lake. One of my buddies likes to crank 80's metal when we ski. It gets his blood pumping. However, I'm in the water, he's talking to me while facing the windshield and the music is on....."Dude, I can't hear a word you are saying to me."

• Baller
I haven't seen one in a while but I used to have a waterproof case and headphones for a gen 1 iPod nano. My USCG O'neill vest has a media pocket high on the back where you could tuck in said iPod case. I've never used it while skiing, I actually like hearing the sound of the wind in my ears.

• Administrators
I am pretty unhappy when I see someone talking to my driver once the boat is lined up with the balls so music is way our of the question. I am not sure if I could ski with music. Don't think I need any distraction.

• Baller
I'm a singer in a professional rock band, and I still don't listen to music when skiing. I do usually have a song in my head while pulling out for the gates however, but that's it. I agree with @DW, the fin whistle is my favorite tune.

As a tri geek I spend a lot of time swiming laps and love my waterproof ipod for that so I thought I would give it a go skiing. I was suprised by the amount of comunication there was skiing between the driver and the skier that I have never noticed before. I got so tired of taking an ear bud out so I could hear that I have never used it again.

• Baller

I would kill to have EXTREMELY loud music playing during my sets. Every sport or activity I do is better with music. I just wish those towers and speaker sets were practical on a SN 200. Amazing how much money you can rack up in a tower and full speaker system.

I wish our ski lake was lined with massive concert speakers linked to my iPod. There would be nothing like listening to some Led Zeppelin during my sets.

• Baller
When boating I use an iPhone app called Adaptunes. It automatically adjusts the volume of the music based on the speed of the boat. At speed I can hear over the engine then at the end of the run I can talk to the skier.

• Baller
I am also in the boat of needing earplugs now. The engine on my boat is pretty loud, so you will always hear that...but I have found I prefer ear plugs now even if I am skiing a quiet boat...changes the senses a bit. No music though...everything I want to hear is in the water. Once the ride is over though...

• Baller
@Horton, you are right on that one. We are spoiled, our dedicated driver is really good at maintaining a straight path and talking as well. Never had a radio in our lake boat, though.

• Administrators

@RAL

Is there anything worse than a chick in a bikini in the boat talking to the driver? He is not looking. I am not looking. We should just go back to the dock and drink Kilo Kai.

• Baller
Music is for between sets and when relaxing afterward. I'll take the bikini anytime...just run your opener or 2nd pass and work on technique, enjoying the eye candy in between. Save the short-line for another set.