Calling all 200 Owners

aswinter05

• Baller

Just had some quick questions for those of you with 200's. I tried this same post on Planet Nautique but unfortunately, 99% of the users on that site must own wakeboard boats.

We're wanting to purchase a high quality cover that includes a full skirt over the platform, etc. Are there any ballers that are in the industry or that know of someone who makes some great covers for Nautiques? Figured I would support ballers first instead of random web searching.

I'm pretty sure our 200 came with the standard prop for 2011 - 1068? It's in the storage barn right now or I could confirm. I know the standard tournament props for 2013 are the 422, 654, and 1868. I've heard these help with the higher RPM issue and possibly even make the wake better for skiing? Has anyone skied behind the different props? Could you provide an opinion on which prop you believe is best suited for the 200?

Obviously taking care of the boat is going to be a huge priority for us. Has anyone found success with a certain vinyl cleaner that's great with Nautique's "newer" vinyl material? Actually any cleaning product recommendations would be helpful.

And one last thing for now... I've heard of people purchasing carpet overlays for their 200's to conserve the existing carpet. Have any of you bought an overlay? If so, how much did it cost and where did you purchase it from?

Thanks.

• Baller
A great place for covers is SkiBoatCover.com 810-623-6798 or 800-345-3670 I have had 4 new 200's and Mike has made covers for all of them. I couldn't be happier. Waterline, sumbrella. Love the fit, the quality, the service and the price is fair. He made covers for all my Nautiques from 1996 to present ( holly cow 18 years ). Call ask for Mike.

• Baller
skiboatcovers.com with an "s". I actually purchased the cover for my MasterCraft through him last year. Absolutely great cover. I've thought about using him again. He made me a black cover with a pinstripe down the middle. The sunbrella material was top notch.

• Baller_

I have had three 200's, each one had the Commercial sewing OEM covers. With the skeleton in place they fit very tight and they also come with a external platform cover that fits like a glove.

OJ 428 will work nicely on the boat. other wise a 422 or 654 ACME.

• Baller

hmmm. I'm thinking my used 200 didn't come with the factory cover unfortunately. The cover that came with ours is gray and it doesn't look like a "trailerable" cover. It's fairly thick (that's what she said) and just doesn't strike me as factory made.

I definitely want one that covers the sides and chines, etc. The boat will primarily be stored outdoors on the trailer next to our club lake.

• Baller

@Jody_Seal , NO WAY! A Lightning????? I haven't seen one of those beasts on a while! Sick truck brother.

And yeah, my 200 definitely didn't come with the factory cover. That looks exactly like the ones Mastercraft produces from the factory.

If you want a trailerable cover, I'm a fan of Coversports. You could probably get him to make a detachable skirt and platform cover. I have nothing but good things to say about ours. Different boat, but you get the idea.

IMAG0050.jpg

I have a phone number for Brent somewhere. He tried having a website for a while, but I guess it was too much for him.