Camaro wetsuits size question

DanE

• Baller

For you that have experience with Camaro wetsuits, do they stretch to fit if you are borderline between sizes or do they have a tight fit ?

The simple question would be: If borderline, go up or down in size?

@Horton - specifically looking in to the Blacktec

• Baller

Hi All, I have attached the Camaro size chart, but agree with the guys go up especially if you have a big chest or big shoulders for sure. If you have pencil legs or arms that is where the next size up could seem a little big. Last shipment of Titanium 2mm shorty's arrived should be last one...next thing will be BlackTec Shorty 1mm, hope that helps.

www.robbysskishop.com

• Baller

HELP.

What are my size? Cant figure it out?

Camaro Black Tec or the Open Cell.

Long sleeves and long legs 2 mm.

This is my figures (And I think I am quite normal for a 55 year reasonable recreational trained person)

(also, my weight is actually slowly going down so I will soon be in lower range or below)

Height: 70 Inch, 177 cm (M)

Weight: 167 Lbs, 75-77 Kg (M/L)

Chest: 41 Inch, 104 cm (XL)

Waist: 36 Inch, 92 cm (XXL/XXXL...)

Hip: 39 Inch, 99 cm (L)

What size of Camaro Impact west do you propose for me?

Camaro Mens Leisure Size Chart

XS S M L XL XXL XXXL

Height (cm) 160 - 166 167 - 173 174 - 179 180 - 185 186 - 191 191 - 195 196 - 201

Height (in) 63 - 65.5 65.5 - 68 68 - 70.5 70.5 - 73 73 - 75 75 - 77 77 - 79

Weight (kg) 57 - 63 64 - 70 71 - 76 77 - 82 83 - 88 89 - 92 93 - 97

Chest (cm) 88 92 96 100 104 108 112

Chest (in) 34.5 36 38 39.5 41 42.5 44

Waist (cm) 70 74 78 82 86 90 94

Waist (in) 27.5 29 30.5 32.5 34 35.5 37

Hip (cm) 85 90 94 98 102 106 110

Hip (in) 33.5 35.5 37 38.5 40 41.5 43.5

• Baller
@gsm_peter, I have to give you confusing news. I have an open cell 1 mm and a 2 mm Titanium shorties that fit like a glove, and even seemed a bit too tight at first. Both L. However, i just got a 2 mm open cell, also L, that is a bit loose for my taste. 185 cm, 82-85 kg, depending on the month...

• Baller

This may help with sizing. I just bought a Blacktec shorty (from Waterskigirl). Worked great in 65 deg air/ 65 deg water the other morning. It is very different from my traditional neoprene shirts and 2/1 shorty. The material is extremely flexible and not as permeable to water. I was a bit skeptical on why the need for a 1mm shorty, but it seemed far warmer than I expected...and it is nice not to have the water "rush in".

I am 5'10" 185 lbs. Kind of thick thru the arms, shoulders, and (42") chest....so went with the XL. Seems like a good choice, as I would guess that the L would have been too tight through chest.

The inside of the shorty has a green, fuzzy, felt-like layer to it...very comfy, and dries out quickly in the sun. Attached is a close up.

(Thanks goes out to @waterskigirl)

• Baller
@davemac ditto the water not rushin in thing which took some of the shock factor out of jumpin in the water. I'm about 5'11" 165ish 40ish chest 34+/- waist (gravity/chocolate and bein 59) and wider shoulders with long arms. Size large was the ticket. Melissa up at Wiley's locally started stocking some of their stuff. 68 degree water on top lake surface. 6 passes later no burr. The 1mm is silly stretchy on the BlackTec. Actually more charcoal gray than black with green not yellow logo's.

• Baller

Hi all. I have a titanium I bought a few years ago. Warmest and thinest suit ever! Only problem I had was the titanium rubbed off under the arms, and now that part of the suit isn't warm. Might just be me, I have a rather large chest and arms set up.

I just ordered a blacktec XL and it seems a little big to me (6ft, 193lbs). @waterskigirl sent me a large to try on but I am out of town until Thursday. I'll report back which one feels better. These suits do fit close, but they are thin and flexible and feel like you don't have a suit on except you are warmer than you've ever been in a shorty.

• Baller
I have the full 2.0 XL ( not a black tec). I am 185'ish and 6 ft. It fits really well with the exception of around the ankles. Not an issue for shorties. It is nothing like your normal neoprene suits. I bought the size that the sizing chart recommended and @chuck_dickey suggested.

I have both the Titanium Long suit and shorty and find that they are tight fit but I found that after using them for a while they do tend to stretch and give. My 2mm long suit is not stretched and not as tight as it used to be. @DanE I was recommended to get a XL however stuck with the L and am glad I did because the XL would be do big if it stretched.

• Baller
I swapped to a large and I want to tell you that the 1mm long-sleeved shorty is the warmest short suit ever! The large fits me just right -- I have no idea how Camaro makes them so danged warm when they are so thin. Shout out to @waterskigirl -- awesome fast service! I have to find out what else she sells that I might need!

• Baller

@waterskigirl and all

After some off line discussions waterskigirl advice me to take a size L in Open Cell.

I just got the suite an hour ago so I changed during our informal family dinner and turned up to desert in the wetsuit. That created a few laughs.

I have not tested in the water yet but I must say that it seems to fit me really nice.

Maybe a few cm to long arms/legs.

Camaro should maybe consider to revise their size chart (see my measures above),

May I mention that I got really nice support from waterskigirl!

Thank you!

• Baller

Open cell review.

I took my new suite for an openwater swim today, just recreanational swimming.

Mostly backstroke / frog swim.

Quite windy and rather large waves. Temp 63F, 45 minutes, 0.8 miles.

Extremely flexible and comfortable. A bit wide at ankels and hands. Took a long time for the water to reach all body spots. Some air around the chest was still there after 20 minutes.

I was a bit chilly when I was done but that was expected from a 2mm suite.

Camaro are really great suites.

Will be on my top list for next purchase.

Unfortunately ther is no real need for shorties in Sweden.

;0)