Ice out!

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

Finally lost the ice on Lake Cochituate over Easter weekend.

But damn it's cold here. Gonna have to wait a bit to get started, I'm afraid. But hopefully I can get the boat this weekend and at least have the solace of looking at my boat in its once-per-year actually-clean state.

To those already banging on your tough line lengths, I am very jealous! I won't see -38 until late May or (more likely) early June.

• Baller
@Than_Bogan Awesome man. We are getting in a lot better weather now, but just a few weeks ago, we were barely hitting the 80 degree rule. The water temp was 35 and the air was low 40's. As you know, the dry suit keeps you completely good and dumping hot water in my strata boots keeps my toes toasty warm. The thing I have a hard time is with my face and my hands. Nothing you can do about the face--it is so cold when the water hits you--but the desire to ski outweighs the pain. @Richarddoane saved my bacon on the hands. Silicone the crap out of the back side of your gloves. Keeps them so much more barable with the cold. Good luck!!!!

• Baller
@Than, here's the perspective from about 20 miles west...all water, docks/lift in, boat in tomorrow (planned), course up since Sunday...looks like way ahead of you. HOWEVER, whether you "see" -38 in May or June, it will still be INFINITELY sooner than me...greetings to you and my Cochituate friends.

• Baller
@chef23 and @rayn, always welcome! actually will be out your way sunday... Chris has a game in Framingham...busted my drysuit and just bought a Camaro Titanium shorty...hope it'll be enough to get in the water soon...lets plan an early spring set...