When the water temp hits 60 degrees I....

disland

• Baller_

Being cold while skiing will affect my performance. I definitely notice loss of flexibility and range of motion. Muscles perform optimally at an ambient temperature of 82 degrees (or so I have heard). I know in my own case, I will ski very rigidly and very poorly when I am cold. I also get cold much easier than anyone else I know - low body weight and non-resting heart rate in the 40s. And, if the air isn't into the 80 degree range (or at least some decent sunshine), I might wear that drysuit in water up to 70.

And, yes, I tend to get some flack for it.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I don't have a single response, water in the 60's depends a lot on what the air temperature is and where in the 60's the water is. High 60's and sun, I'm in trunks, low 60's and overcast and/or wind and it's a full suit.

• Baller
@PBD The title just says 60. I read "60's" at first too but reread it to make sure I read it right because I'm in the same boat and I just do shorts and vest in the high 60's. Of course if the air is below 65-70, it's not really applicable to me because I won't go anyway.

Actually it depends, I've noticed at the beginning of the season, it's more of a full wetsuit thing as I haven't been in the water for a long time, and I can't stand that freezing feeling.

Then the water warms up, and towards the end of the season, when it starts cooling down again, I'm able to ski down to 60 or even less without even a shorty, or probably just a top "to take the edge off", as i've been slowly getting used to these temperatures. Being in a club here, it usually stops operating before I reach my "no way" limit, so i couldn't tell what's my low-temp point.

But beginning of the season will definitely have me in a loooong and thick wetsuit.

Agreed with @MISkier

I have the Drysuit, wetsuit, Shorty and Heater top. So, I'll choose according to the day and cond's.

But, upper body Warmth is my Top priority. Too many bad things happen to my Back when the muscles are not kept completely warm.