Putting Hours on this old worn out boat

skiep

• Baller

Just kidding. Jody Seal was kind enough to bring the 2013 Nautique that will be pulling the Masters this year.

Me driving, Kelley Breeden and my Grandson CJ Albritton ripping it up!!

And yes, I did say Grandson.

• Baller_

This boat is as good as it gets... I am impressed at it's performance and how easy it got up to speed and settled in out in front of the 55's on Keith's lake.

6 liter (409 hp), 668 ACME.

Keith, Thanks for letting us "test and tune" on Sat. It was a very good day! and Fun.

• Baller
The Progressive Package is growing on me. Our '13 promo showed up last week. Blue/Metallic Black Progressive. Looks really good on the water. But I have to be honest, that new throttle sucks! There's going to be a few docks, other boats, or people get hit because of that design. And it's not just the 200s. The wakeboard boats got it too. I'd hate to be driving a G25 around all the time with that throttle.

• Baller
@MattP It's a completely different unit. Shorter throw, which I like. But WAYYYYYYY tight. And where you think it's actually dropped past the detent and into neutral or reverse, it's not. I damn near ran it into our dock because I couldn't get it into reverse after pulling it off the trailer for the first time. I am FAR from an inexperienced driver(and a Regular AWSA rated slalom driver too) so this concerns me greatly.

FYI, Nautique has a fix coming for all boats with the new throttle. The Tab where the transmission cable attaches to the tranny is just a tad too short and binds the cable up. Do your own check and disconnect the throttle from the transmission. Cycle the throttle. It should be smooth. Also, if you feel there is too much resistance to the throtte with the cable disconnected from the tranny let me know and I can email you some steps on changing the Friction setting on the throttle.

@Ed_Johnson There is a local guy here in Portland that builds and installs this bimini. Its not cheap but its the best I have ever seen. I'm not sure if he would build one and ship it to you or not. He spent about two days putting it on and getting the rain shield made. If your interested in contacting him let me know.

• Baller
@ShaneH 's boat may be my new favorite, WOW! Dave K's promo is incredible looking too. Love the interior scheme...

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Promo_Boat&postid=22924

Thanks, it looks really good on the water. I put it in last weekend, but just pulled it out this evening. It is supposed to get down into the upper 20's here tonight (St. Louis area), and now it is in the heated garage. It gets the bimini mounted in the morning (identical to the bimini on last year's boat) and all of the clear protective Vantage film all over the back of the boat. It will be back under it's touchless cover on Sunday after the cold snap is over.

Dave