NEW or New to me used ski

Fatroll

• Baller

I am interested in a new ski (or lightly used) as my '05 ish Sixam 69" is getting pretty beat up. I have historically skied at 230 lbs (give or take 10 pounds) at 34 mph. Most sets are either deep 28 off or 1-2 @ 32 off (practice PB 3 @ 35 off). I am now down to 215 ish with a goal of 205-210. Hopefully, the weight loss translates into running 32 off consistently. Any recommendations on a ski? Any thoughts on a 68" Strada (or senate/theory) or Obrien Elite? There are some on SIA.

I am on a slight budget but will pay more for greater value.

Thanks

Fatroll

• Baller
I think the 68" Strada would work well. I am a little ahead of you ability wise in that I run into 35 consistently (although I have never run it) and skied last year between 210-215. The 68" Strada would work, a 67.5" S2 would be a great ski and I am currently on a 66" Goode Mid which works well at that size. All of those could be found on SIA.

• Baller
The Theory is really a 30 mph ski, maybe 32 max speed. Lots of fun at short line, but at a slower speed. A Senate or Senate C at your skiing level IMO might not give you a lot of head room to progress with, on the other hand might be a really comfortable ski for you. I agree with the above suggestions, a Strada, Vice, or a late model D3 is likely your best bet. If you want to go lower in cost and still get high performance a 68" RS1 or MPD might be a good option at around the $300 level.