perfect pass install problems

brody

• Baller

So I finished installing my SG with Zbox. boat starts and idles great. When I go to put it in gear, the engine revs up to just over 1000 rpm befrore it goes into gear. In reverse its fine. Once its in gear it runs great. Im assuming I did something wrong on the install but dont know what. All the tests on the web site are good. If I unwind the string before I start the boat and leave some slack, the boat goes in gear fine, but then theres a huge lag in the throttle.

Separately, when driving I cant get the system to engage and lock in. About 3/4 miles down the lake, it finally settles into to a speed, but if you move the throttle, theboat speeds up. So far I feel like I just wasted a lot of money. Any help would be great.

• Baller
My 99 Malibu did the same thing. 1st thing the nut that held the new arm to the old arm was hitting something, can't remember, flipped it around. Still having problems. It was the the fancy plastic cover that there for decoration (under the aircleaner) was hitting the throttle linkage arm. Just barely but enough. Removed it and all better.

• Baller
ok, I figured out the surging problem, the cable wasnt rigged properly. Now I have to figure out how to get the PP to engange and lock in, Im assuming this is a set up issue. Ed I beleive has posted his how to along with some numbers, I havent been able to find that post, can anyone send me the link to it. By the way this is a 01 Response LX with Monsoon 325 hp.

• Baller
It should be able to hold a trick speed or rpm it everything is functioning. If its not there is something wrong with either the installation or equipment. Once you confirm that you can map the course and see if it will engage. Mine is engaging at 5 or more mph lower than set. I'm still having problem with overshooting the speed at 34.