Jr. Masters Three-Event

jimbrake

• Baller

Just a comment - I frickin' LOVE three-event skiing. I especially love watching the juniors doing it. I am excited just reading the tweets of scores from the Jr. Masters. I myself am just a typical old M5 slalom-only skier now, but my dream as a young man (I didn't start competitive skiing until I was 18/19) was to be a full-time three eventer. I was for a short period in my 20s, but jump crashes and lack of money and time cured me.

What is a bummer now is that I'm not able to provide the three-event opportunity to my two boys. They do love slalom and one is a budding young jumper as well, but other sports, school, and us not living on a lake are major impediments. Oh yeah, and money, too. You know how much jumpers cost, right? We are happy to be doing what we are, but for you parents out there that are supporting your kids in three events, my hat is off to you. Great job. It's expensive, time consuming, but it's so damn cool. What a combination of skill, strength, and determination is required to be a good three-eventer. Amazing.

That's all. Carry on.

• Baller

I am fortunate to work from home so I could watch it and it was a blast. My son three events and will never compete at the Jr Masters but I do know one of the Jr Mens slalom skiers Wyatt Haines and it was fun to see him on the webcast even though I know he will be disappointed in how he skied.

Three eventing is cool. My son plays a bunch of other sports as well and we live in Massachusetts so it is tough to be competitive nationally but my son loves it so I try to support it. I did just have to update all his jump equipment this year which was painful. We live on a lake but not one with a jump so he only gets to jump once a week which makes it tough to improve a lot.