Radar Strada 68 too big for 185 lbs

masachan

Guys,

I am racking myself trying to find the right ski for me. Typical wisdom lately is if on the border of weights, go up. I ski 22-28 off at 34. Some real world users info would help. Looking at a 2012 Strada.

Thanks

• Baller
I'm about 195 lb 34mph. I was using a 67 2011 strada and it seemed to be about the right size I was getting into 28off on it. I never tried a 68" though. I'm now on a 68" d3 x7. I doing ok on it. It turns just fine.

• Baller
I too would go 68" if I were you unless you're at a max weight right now and have every intention of losing it. You can always make a ski turn a little better with fin adjustments. You can't prevent a ski from sinking on you if it doesn't have enough buoyancy.

It'll work fine. Pink is the new green... In fact, if anyone gives you grief- tell them it looks green to you because you're red/green colorblind. Or if you're in a hurry, just tell them to go pound sand!

@masachan. I test drove a 68" 2013 in November or December. At 150 pounds it was a very nice ride. I agree with @Waternut that it is much easier to adjust a longer ski feel shorter than a shorter ski to feel longer.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Unfortunately you all confirmed my suspicions.. I probably need a 67 as I usually drop to 175 during the summer. I want this one to last a few years. And even though my skiing is intermediate, I still like to buy the top end ski as then the excuse is me, not the ski. Call it ego...

I hope I didn't distort matters in my previous post. At the time I did not have a ski. My buddy had a 68 demo and let me take a set. While I shortened the rope a couple of times I can only speculate how it would be at shoreline (thinking a 68 would be too long for me). In rather cold conditions, it was fine for me into mid 32. Suffice to say, great ski! Enjoy it.