HO Freeride unboxing

Horton

• Administrators

I took a quick ride on it yesterday. I now understand why Marcus rides it with a super long rope. This thing rides is like a jump ski.

You get way out wide and set an edge => next thing you know you are in way out on the other side. Better still is it is pretty effortless. Freak'n fast for a ski you ride at 24- 30 mph

• Baller_
@horton, I beg to differ. I guess I need to do another quick edit....that long line stuff is super fun....but honestly I've had just as much fun at 26/28 mph at 28 off or 32 off. Its a heck of a tool at slow speeds in the slalom course....you learn stuff about your skiing that you never knew....or that otherwise happens too fast for you to recognize, when riding your real ski.

• Baller_

haha....does that competitive fire ever stop? You're already talking records...

I've been through 35 at 26 mph..... note of caution: because of the high glide factor, your timing/rythm window is narrower....you have to be pretty sharp to avoid coming inside to quickly, or over shooting the buoy too fast. Its a fun challenge...and I think a very very good training tool.

Also, you may wanna try 36 mph, just for fun....been through 28 off a bunch at that speed.

Took my 69 freeride out to the lake this morning but not much luck. On our local lake when the wind blows we get giant rollers coming in. I was hoping from one to the next like skiing bumps in the winter and on 100' rope that is a lot stretch and pull at the handle. When they say this ski is designed for big lake skiing i dont think that is what they had in mind :). Better luck next time.

• Baller
@Kona, I tried a 100 foot line when my malibu had some issues on a house boat trip an the only option was a seadoo 215 sportster. We ended up using a spectra wakeboard line, they have almost no stretch so you get a more direct pull. Borrowed the idea from a waterskimag article that was on @MarcusBrown when they did a lake Powell trip if I remember.

Hey all, I am ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 Marcus Brown edition freeride. I am kind of in between sizes. I am 5'11, 186 pounds. Ski mostly open water 150 plus days a season, the course about a dozen days a season. Should I go with the 67, or 69? Any input will be helpful. Thanks.