Anyone else breaking ProLocks?

chris_logan

• Baller
I love using Masterline ProLocks, however I always have to keep 1 or 2 pairs as backup. I usually break/rip the strap on 3-4 gloves each year. I am a C+ skier and usually hook up hard right out of the buoy, which is generally where I am when the strap breaks. The first time one broke, it actually ripped the stitching at the wrist out of the strap. That happened twice, but every time since then the strap has literally ripped in the middle. Usually this happens within the first 10 sets with the gloves. I typically have no issues with Masterline replacing them as a warranty item, so I'm not really complaining here...just interested to see if anyone else has experienced this.

• Administrators
For some reason gloves are hard for all the companies. Every year someone has gloves that are a little off. Masterline is a good company. I am sure Russell is on it.

• Baller
As stated previously, for both brands....all they need to do is add some reinforced stitching where the strap attaches to the wrist. This is where they both fail. I have taken the preemptive initiative to put this reinforced stitching into practice by taking the gloves to a boat cover place and asking them to add 3-4 rows of stitching at the point of failure. I would imagine that any upholstry or boat cover place could accomodate you until Masterline and Radar take the action to apply this fix.

• Baller
One of the guys in our ski troop had a pair and one of the glove straps tore at the wrist stitching first time out. Looks like a little more engineering or care in the stitching process should fix the problem. Masterline replaced them N/C.