East Coast rant

kmenard

• Baller

It is one thing to have a shortened season, cold water, and have to dodge tubers all day long to get a decent ski run in...but I have always comforted myself by saying we don't have 20 foot anacondas, alligators, or snowbirds...but COME ON! IT IS JUNE AND I HAVE ONLY GOT ONE RUN IN BECAUSE OF ALL THIS RAIN!?

Not fair.

• Supporting Member

Tuesday skied in a downpour. Barely could find the bouys and did nothing but -28s (opening pass). Yesterday skied in strong wind and backwash. (Impressed myself by running a tailwind -35 with all that.)

So I agree conditions suck, but I guess I have lower standards for what's worth skiing in than some! I'm sure I'm a few sets less than usual this year, but not too many.

Still, I am super-eager to work on -38 and so praying for some decent water someday!

• Baller
Terrible May here in CO with lots of wind and cold temps. Only got in 10 sets. Then the beginning of June it turned awesome, with highs in the 80's and 90's, and calm mornings. Problem is I cracked my ribs June 2nd and have to watch all that nice warm water just sit there, (although I might try to ski this weekend).

• Baller
Upstate New York, started 4 or 5 weeks late with crazy low water, weather has sucked, wind, rain, cold air, cold water. Now water is actually pushing too high. I can't get a handle on my new stick, do I still just suck or have the conditions really held me back?

• Baller
@than doesn't have low standards to ski in, he has no standards if he hasn't skied in a couple of days, the man will ski through anything. He didnt even mention the bad backwash we have because the water is the hightest it has been in long time

• Baller
I spent 2 hours pulling my daughter and her friends around on a tube in 62* pouring rain today. I think I just warmed up. Ordinarily I would have said no but my daughter has been planning this for a month. My boat may never dry out.

• Baller

I've only skied a handfull of times this year in Texas. In the process of selling a business plus my work has been really busy. Seems like it has been too windy when I could ski. I think my ski season will officially began around the last week of July. The high note this year is that I did get to ski with Seth Stisher and Wade Cox so I'm looking forward putting there suggestions to work. I my have to take all the extra money I'll be making over the next month and reward myself with a Quest or 6.0.

Hope the weather starts cooperating for you east coaster. Sucks not skiing.

• Baller
@Pat M I know, I was just cracking wise. They have a ski jump set up, but no course right now. I don't know if you drink beer, but there is a great micro-micro brew in your area called tree house brewing that goes really good with BTs BBQ...also in your area.

• Baller
@Pat M I am both a BBQ & Beer snob and you can't go wrong with either of those suggestions. Very weird hours on Tree House, but their Tornado is fantastic. BTs is the only place I will go to for BBQ on the East coast as I have been ruined by too many trips to Lockhart, TX. As long as I am so far off topic...Pretty Things makes some amazing brews as well.