Congratulations to Denny Kidder

Horton

• Administrators

Nate Smith is now the co-holder of the world slalom record with Chris Parrish. This is an astounding accomplishment. To Nate I say congratulations. From a historical perspective Denny Kidder has achieved something even bigger.

Sammy Duvall set the world jump record 6 times on Kidder jump skis. Freddy Krueger broke the world record 7 more times on D3 skis. The woman’s jump record was also broken a number on Kidder skis. Linda Giddens, Deena Brush, and Sue Lipplegoes were all on Kidder jump skis for their respective records.

The men’s and woman’s world trick record has also been set a number of times with skis made by Kidder. Many times the ski may have had another band name painted over the Kidder logo so there is no way to know the actual number of times a Kidder, KD or D3 trick ski has been used to set a world trick record. Certainly Cory Pickos and Tory Baggiano set records on Kidder trick skis. Mandy Nightingale, Anna Maria Carrasco and Natallia Berdnikava each broke the trick record on Kidder, KD or D3 trick skis.

Karen Roberge and Sue Fieldhouse set slalom records in 1981; they were both on Kidder.

When Nate tied the Men’s world slalom record on a D3 he gave Denny Kidder a full set. At least one world record in each event for men and woman. That is something no other ski current manufacturer can claim.

• Baller

In 1995 I placed first at the Michigan State Championships, placed first at Midwest Regionals(tied existing record for my age group) and placed 18th at the Nationals all PB's. I was on a KD7000 at the time.

Thanks Denny!!!!!!

• Supporting Member

Man, that is seriously cool. Records that require both talent and longevity impress me the most. Thanks for noticing this, @Horton!

Personally, I've been using his slalom bindings for quite some time, starting with KD. Each seems to be better than the last, and I'm a huge fan of the T-Factor.

• Baller

At first it was hard to believe that he hadn't at one time or another hold all of the world records on one of his skis. Then when you stop and think about it this is something that may never be done again. I worked for Denny at Kidder Skis and think the world of the man. Congrats boss.

@horton you forgot Stinger Skis, Denny's first ski company. I believe John Mondor broke Wayne Grimditch's jump record on Stinger Skis. Did I just date myself.