Lessons from MS and OTF

xrated

• Baller

Got a chance last night to ski with @MS and @OTF at there lake. Decided to give the course a try for the first time with actual advice.

Lets see what I learned.

1) When there are only 6 turns you don't have time to make a few sloppy bad formed cuts.

2) Those bouys complicate everything.

3)OTF is a misnomer, never once saw the guy go otf. Though I was able to show him what his namesake looks like a couple times.

First couple of tries went OK shadowing. Got some advice from MS and kept going. Thought I would do OK and then I started paying attention to the bouys and everything went to crap!

Ended my rope time with a couple of leaning drills before going to the dock to brave the rapid "pet" sunfish and got to watch OTF destroy the green balls at 41 off.

Thanks for a good time guys, I will be back again.

• Baller

@6balls not sure if I'd say addicted yet. Ready to give it another try yes. It is definitly a whole different ski than free skiing.

@skidawg he did not, though I'm not a huge IPA guy. He did mention having a bunch of beer though.

• Baller_

@skidawg I am drying out until the weekend. I have Team Beer coming down for the tourney this weekend and need be ready.

@xrated You will do fine. Work on that pull position and it will all come around.

• Members

@shane, I did the driving, I'd go with -12 on each side. I think MS should put him on the MPD he has camping in his ski room. The D3 works good for him though.

@xrated next time we'll run some drills on the first set and get some balls on the 2nd. BTW screwing around tonite and tried -43, didn't go as good. WOAH fast!!! Could only get 3.5 on the mini coarse........I have no idea how one is suppose to hang onto that handle. My turns were probably 2 ft inside the oranges and it was like the handle vanished coming out the 3rd turn.