After waxing what is the best for wipe down.

walleye

Just waxed the old 98 CC with some good marine wax. What works best for wipe down to preseve wax.

Anyone have any skins for 98 CC purple/teal. I need motor box & the back that covers the fuel tank.

@KcSwerver I have 4 Goode inserts you can have. It takes a 5/16 drill bit, direction say reverse drill. I have done this to 4 Goode's that are still in operation 6 years later. It is a nail bite-er because the outer shell is rock hard and once you go thru hold on or you will go right thru your ski:(. I taped the drill bit for depth, but a drill press is ideal. I would have your dad do it at the shop. I can bring them into your mom tomorrow if you want them. I used regular screws the first time, when they stripped out then I used the factory plastic inserts. Use stainless screws.

• Baller
I would follow @scotchipman s regime. His boat is an 08 with more than 600 hours on it and it looks friggin brand new....including the engine compartment. It took me about 6 months just to get off the trailer wipe-down detail. His system is fast, efficient and doesn't cost a lot of money and his boat is looks awesome. I would elaborate, but I think he should instead.

I use the Eagle One Wax as you dry about every other outing or so, and then paste wax about twice a year. The Eagle one wax as you dry seems to help a lot and you can pick it up right down the road pretty cheap. Quite a few people use the Babes which is probably a better designed product for our use but I am lazy and never order any. And so just pick up the other stuff at O'Reilly.

• Baller
I am a NuFinish fan. formula 303 or 333 for the inside. Wipe down when you pull it out and it stays looking new. I wax it at the end of the season so it is ready to go in Spring, and hit it mid-season, just because I am anal..

• Baller

You're going to get 100 different recommendations on this one... However... everyone at our ski club with Nautiques use Lucas Oil Spray Wax after every ski session. It's preserved my boat's wax that was applied back in mid March.

It's best to wipe it down while the boat still has some water on it. Use microfiber cloths to prevent tiny scratches.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input, I used merguires flagstaff marine wax. Think I will use a merguires detailer for now. Next time gonna try that Nu finish polish and go with the vinger and distilled water.

Here is a little cool down photo for those hot summer days.

@KcSwerver I will give your mom those inserts Wednsday. Gonna bounce some sick time tomorrow before mucky mucks go to the PTO plan....2 years and counting backwards now.

When I first got my boat I tested just about everything because I wanted to keep it looking new (it's 21 yrs old now). I tried Lucas, Babes, Turtle Wax, Meguires and a few others. The perfect concoction I settled on is 25% Eagle One spray wax, 25% white vinegar, 50% distilled water. It can be applied wet or dry. The vinegar removes any water spots and the wax keeps the gelcoat slick, smooth and protected. I generally start the season with a wax job using Collonite, but I'm not even sure that is necessary using this spray solution for wipe down.

• Baller
+1 on the Turtle Wax & Dry. I like the spray on products like that because regular wax creates a dust when it dries and is being rubbed out, which actually can cause light scratching. The spray-on Turtle Wax has the UV polymers in it and everything.

• Baller
@itch2ski What the hell? I know for a fact that is Lone Peak behind you and that you live in Draper Utah!!!!! I am in Sandy, and a bunch of us ballers live all around you. Let's ski!!!!! I would love to wipe your beautiful MasterCraft down with your concoction!!!

• Baller

We wipe it dry with a cotton towel after each use, and use Turtle Spray Wax about every two weeks.

"Raising it up. Waxing it down. In a little white box that I can sell uptown." FZ

• Baller_
+five or so on turtle wax wax&dry. After each use while water is still on the boat. Under 5 bucks at Walmart. Comes out in a fine mist and when it hits the water on the boat the water emediatly starts to beed. I use a microfiber hardwood floor mop so no stooping. Have used it on the windshield and rubber parts as well. My boat was professionally "big buck" waxed 3yrs ago. Still a show room gel coat.

@Brady you are welcome to come ski anytime! I used to live in the Salt Lake valley, but about two years ago a job moved me to Brigham City. Now I ski up here a few times a week. There is also a good guy up here named Mark Parker that teaches lessons for cheap ($20-25) that could help with some of the questions you have.

I wax my boat once or twice a year, and it sits on a hoist in the sun the rest of the year. I used Babe's Boat Bright for the past two years, it worked nice, but not as well as when I would trailer it home and wax more often.

I just got a shipment of Boat Bling Hot Sauce in, I've heard better reviews about that stuff. I'll let you know how I like it after the last bit of Babes is used.

On a side note I should probably do a spray wax more often...

@itch2ski you boat looks beautiful...how many hours do you have on her? Our 18 year old boat looks quite nice for its age, but not as new looking as yours.

@joeprunc I think you will like the Hot Sauce, I wasn't willing to pay the price for it. From what I hear my concoction is similar and significantly less expensive. My boat has about 740 hours, but living five minutes from the lake now she gets a lot more use. If I had to store my boat out in the sun like you do I would really consider a vented Sunbrella waterline cover.

@itch2ski We have a nice vented Sunbrella cover, and I'm looking at adding some sort of skirts for the cover for when its on its hoist. Our boat still looks beautiful, its just its so much easier to spend free time on the boat & skiing vs waxing it ;).

I'll be pulling the boat out later this month for the first time in two years, I'll be sure to give her a good detail before putting back on in the water.

I'm glad to hear the Hot Sauce should keep me happy. I had a free sample that I was quite impressed with last year, that's why I made the switch.

• Baller
I have been using Mother's and Meguiars cleaner wax. I just started using Rain-x wash and wax in between waxing. In the fall I do two coats of cleaner wax, and top it off with 3M high performance paste wax. So far I am liking the results.

• Baller

@walleye. I have ordered skins for my boat from Christine's Enterprises, and then have them installed by my local marina. nautiqueskins.com. Give them a call they can send you samples so you can match the color, then they make them for you.

My boat gets waxed monthly 1 coat during the season, then 2-3 coats in the fall before she gets put away. Nu Finish is good stuff for the money, but the protection on automotive waxes don't last as long as marine. It is an affordable alternative to Meguiars Flagship. The marine wax is better, but Nu Finish will get the job done as a sealer. It works best when the gelcoat is already clean. Washing the boat with Rain-X car wash and wax makes applying the cleaner wax much easier. 3M makes a good sealer wax(High Performance Paste Wax). I was able to get through the first half of summer last year without having to wax. The only downside is paste is harder to work with. The more often you wax the easier it is to do each time.

After using Collinite 925 marine wax, I'll never go back to anything else. It goes on/off easier than anything else I've tried, lasts longer and has the most brilliant shine. The maintenance regimen is just as important as the yearly or bi-annual waxing. If you use any cleaners, they will usually strip the wax causing you to have to reapply.

I used to use Nu Finish on my old Bronco in high school. It was the best product I found for the single stage automotive paint job that Ford used to use back then.

I had the basic ingredients for @itch2ski's formula so I mixed up a batch and took it with me to the lake yesterday. Good stuff! It knocked down the baked-on water spots nicely and I will definitely keep a spray bottle full of this stuff with me whenever we head to the lake.