Strada Replacement bungee

Not_The_Pug

• Baller

Has anyone found an bulk bungee to buy to replace the top laces on the Strada bindings? I measured the old one and it is 3/16". Don't want to buy the whole kit online (have all the other parts). Called Radar and they are out of bungee currently.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Baller

Yep. Good quality, cheap and easy from China :) http://myebestbuy.com/elasticshockcord1foot.aspx

I have a bunch of spare bungee now I can send but might be quicker to buy direct. I had the package in a week. Also changed the cord lock from the wheel that never stayed to one of these:

http://myebestbuy.com/p785-bean-cord-lock.aspx

Much easier to adjust the tension now:

• Baller

@Krlee West marine or any bulk bungee works fine. It's a standard size. It is my buoy hold down size as well. Cut it to length and feed it through the lace locker. Hooray for Radar for making a field repairable product!

Eric

• Baller

@Wolfeie not sure I'd want something that was "bout the same size", but they're your ankles! the stuff I got is only 35cents a foot. each bungee is 31" so for $10 you have 5 sets of bungees for double boots.... pretty much a lifetime

@buski its 3/16 or 4mm for the upper bungee. the lowers are just plain cord, not bungee.

I guess I don't worry about being the same size since I ski on dual lock and don't expect to ever come out of the bindings since the plate on my ski releases. I actually prefer the larger size for my set up and the "bulk bungee" lasts me longer than the ones I get from radar for a lot less money.

• Baller

Fwiw I had the tail skip out in Heavy chop today on on offside turn, really needed Stradas to release, especially front boot (a real ankle breaker fall).

Released without Even the slightest sting to my ankles, and I pull Most of the bungee out of my top lace on front foot i.e very snug and the bottom lace very tight.

The soft part at the back of the Shell is what gives combined with the slick cover at the back of the liner

Could not Believe how easy I slipped out of them considering how tight I pull the laces on my front boot (just cannot ski with the laces looser)

Impressed of the safe design.