Big Ski

Hipsup

My 12 year old daughter is a lovely little skier and ski's with a natural style and grace that I can only dream about. Currently, she can smoke all her passes with ridiculous ease but she keeps coming up short @34 mph 18m. The problem seems to be that she just cannot get the ski to slow down enough - she is very close but is getting frustrated and I think the size of her ski is holding her back.

She is currently on her mums old 66 inch red/blue Sixam (still a great ski)) but at 5'6" and 110 lb's soaking wet its probably just too big for her and @34mph she has to run just about the perfect pass to get it done. I'm trying to find her a suitable 64 inch ski to try out but was wondering if there were any fin adjustments that I could try which would make her current ski feel turn quicker and slow down easier. Maybe move the fin forward?

Anyone have any bright ideas?

• Baller_
66 is a big ski. Was going to purchase the same ski only a 64 for my daughter (5' 95lbs). Spoke with Andy about it and he said that it's a wider then normal ski which would translate to a 65 or one size up. I may be remembering the sizes wrong. May have been a 65. Either way. To big. So I passed.

• Baller

66 is waaay too big for her. Not having a ski according to his size costed a gold medal in a very important international toubramenr to one of our kids here. He was on a 67" Warp, and was able to get mid 35 off consistently in smooth, which was at least 8 buoys over the potential runner up. But at the finals the water level was up and there was significant backwash. He was in the drink early and lost the gold and podium.

Get her a ski that is right fot her size.