Syndicate A3 sizing

KcSwerver

• Baller

I don't fall into the standard sizing of skis.

I am 6'2", 135 pounds

36 mph, 15-22 off skiing

I really feel like i can make bigger skis work. I skied on a 66.5 9900 all this year and loved it even though I should be on a 65. Recently I tried to ski on a 65 and really didn't like it.

Here is my question. I have an opportunity to get a 2013 A3 for a really great deal and it is a 66. Do you think that it would be a reasonable ski to be on? Thanks!

-Bryan Bailey

• Baller

Measure your Goode along the bottom and see what the measure is. That is what you are comparing with other ski companies. I think the general rule is to ski on as short of a ski that works. A 66 A3 should be 1.5" less than your Goode.

Can you test drive the A3? It should work fine for your weight and height, but if you are used to the free runout of a larger ski, that might be an adjustment.

• Baller
@KcSwerver I watched a strong girl skier who is 130 lbs on an A3 for a couple of weeks. Even though she skies at 34, the ski seemed too big for her, and a smaller ski worked out better. From what I saw, the A3 has a lot of support so should easily be big enough for you at 36.

• Baller
@kCswerver - I can't say enough good things about my A3. Just sayin'! Based soley on your weight - that 66" A3 will be fine. The 66" actually is a bit longer than 66" - and would allow you to grow into it depending on how quickly you are putting on weight. Those are some things to consider.