New ski sore knee

jwr

• Baller
I have been skiing on a new ski for a few weeks now and my knee on my back leg gets sore after each set. Right on the front of my knee. Never had this problem before. Any ideas on how to fix it? Wondering if my binders are too close. Not sure if I should try moving the rear back, the front forward, or both.

• Baller

no idea wear to put your bindings but if your knee pain is right below the knee cap in front you should watch this vid:

I have tough fingers but get even better results using the back end of a sharpie for this massage. if you dont bust a sharpie or 2 you may not be pushing hard enough.

• Baller
@chris_logan and @jwr - FYI that is not canting, that is rotation. Canting is tipping your bindings left or right of vertical to set your knee/shin alignment where it works best. I rotate my rear binding to the right, but I cant my front binding left of vertical to get my knee to the left of the center of the ski (very slightly). If I don't, and my front knee is closer to vertical, my ski will roll too hard on edge to the right and not want to roll up on the left edge. Everybodies' hip and leg structure is different. Most never cant, many rotate. Now, ramp angle, that's another deal entirely. Some other time.

• Baller

@jimbrake thanks for the info. My brain is a little canted then, or would that be twisted?

I rotated my rear binder last night, and my knee felt fine after skiing. @chris_logan, thanks for the advice.