@tbrenchley Tournament PB On The XT

Klundell

• Baller

@Klundel....Not referring to tbrenchley's skiing at all...Thought he skied "GREAT." I was referring to Than's statement about "Old Man Speed" which is normally 32 mph..The derogatory term used for 34 MPH is Girls Speed.

The point being that it sounded like Than thought it would be EASY to run 41 at 32 mph...It's not...No one has ever done it...The record is held by Rich Lambert, at 3.5 @ 39..Rich is a excellent short line skier and a National Champion many times over. The lack of momentum you have at 32 mph really shows up at 39 and 41, and makes it a lot harder than most people think it is.

• Supporting Member
@ed_johnson Wow, bit of a leap there! :) tbench is moving into M3 soon, so I figured he'd complete 39 @ 34mph. Never said nor implied any success at -41 nor @ 32 mph (which he's like 25 years from). And finally, who said anything about easy?? As far as I can tell, -39 is impossible @ 34mph. But he looks good enough to get it done!!

• Baller
Line length is a funny thing. I thought coming out of M2 as a guy who could run 35 that 38 was going to be duck soup at 34 mph. This was solidified by my first 34 mph tourney a few weeks after the speed change where I was owning 38 until an over turn at 4 ball. Last season was the first that I ran more than 2 complete 38 off passes in a SEASON!! I ran better than 15 and got one in a tourney. This year more than half way down 39 for first time ever but this is 6 years from where I thought I was about to do some serious damage entering M3. Tough sport.