A3 or Strada?

SBFL

• Baller

Cause the only shop that sells water skis within 300 km of my house is also a gas station I can only test Radar and HO skis but i don't know witch one to get... 2013 67" Radar Strada or 2013 67" Syndicate A3?

I am 145 lbs, 5ft 10in. Any advice?

• Baller

What is your previous ski? Both are great ski's and both have strong followers but if you were on a Radar before, you may find the transition to a Strada easier and smoother. I have the Strada and love it but haven't been on an HO ski since I was learning so it's hard to compare.

Don't be afraid to order one or even buy used from ski-it-again.

@sbfl I went from an A-1 this summer to a 12 strada, what I have found is that my 28-32 are way more consistent, but my frequency of running 35 is down. I got 3@38 last year quite a few times, this year I have only tried it a couple of times.

Not sure how to explain it, but with the strada my easy passes are easier and my hard passes are harder.

I haven't tried an A-3 so no help there

• Baller

@SBFL I honestly think that you'd be better off buying a used ski that's maybe a year old. I bought my 2012 Strada for $550 shipped shortly after the 2013 came out. I can afford to buy a new ski every year but I can't justify it at my current level. At $500-$600 per ski instead of $1300+, I feel I can legitimately upgrade every year or so with the exception that I'm one year behind. Here is one now... http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=24752

In terms of size... I've skied on ski's that were sized wrong and it sucks. I honestly think that a cheaper ski that is sized appropriately is far superior to a better ski that is the wrong size. If cost is a major issue, buy something like the Radar Vice or Senate but don't buy the wrong size to save a buck.