34MPH what skis are Dawgs liking.

Stevie Boy

• Baller
@scotchipman...it is a compelling argument, though, eh? If I was GOODE I'd be pretty pleased with my results ,which are fairly staggering if you think about it. I have yet to ride one but will probably give GOODE a try when next I switch.

• Baller_
Most all the skiers at the Atlanta Pro-Am ... the Am 34 skiers ... were on Goode skis. All but 2 of the Elite 8 were on Goodes. All but one in the final 4. Pretty sure that non-Goode skier guy won. ;) just sayn...

• Baller
I know the Big Dawgs are 34 mph skiers and the Goode skis seem to perform well for the women at 34 mph, but when it comes to open men's division, the picture is nearly the complete opposite. I just can't help thinking it is the skier and not the ski. I am pretty sure guys like Mapple, Bedal and others are capable of winning Big Dawg tournaments on brands other than Goode.

• Baller
I agree skis are so subjective. And all skis made this year have the "ability" to win everything, but I think it is the skiers who truly do the work. I could be wrong, but I bet you with a week or so of practice, nate Smith could equal his practice Average on almost any flagship ski made this year. Maybe I'm justifying the fact that I just switched from goode to HO ;)

• Baller
I'm a 36 mph skier. -22 all the way up to running -32 once in a blue moon. My ski buddy just demoed a nano one. And I tried it. I'm on a strada right now(waiting for a vapor) and my buddy is a 32 and 34 mph skier on an S1. He couldn't turn the Goode. And described it as a lot of work to ski on. I tried it out of coureosity. I skied pretty well on it. But I also found it was much more effort to turn it than my strada. But I got much better results out of it at 36 than he did at 32 or 34.

• Baller_
@Brady Well, lets see there's Tall Guy, Short Guy, Tan Guy 1, Tan Guy 2, Brown Hat Guy, White Hat Guy, Black Hat Guy (the winner), and Shades. Or the "Almost Goode Crew" as I like to refer to them. Ya know, cause a couple of us weren't drinkn the black and orange coolaid. ;)

• Baller
@OB -- Scott Thompson in Iowa used to run a tournament that way. He did groupings by line length regardless of age or sex. After two rounds, the top two skiers went head to head. It was a really fun format. There was at least once where a final group was a guy against a girl, both of whom hadn't run "x" line length. For grouping purposes he just had you send in your best tournament score of the season with your entry.

• Baller
Big Dawg finals winners: 04, Chad Baker { I think he was riding a Goode), 05, Scott Larson, D3, 06 Dr. Mike Morgan, 9100 Goode, 07 Greg Badahl HO, 08 and 09, Ben Favert Goode, 2010 Dave Miller Goode, 2011 Kyle Tate Goode, 2012 Todd Ristiselli Goode, 2013 Jermy-Newby Ricci, Goode.

• Baller
@madcityskier I'm pretty sure it was set up properly. My ski buddy had been in contact with Dave himself. I think they make great skis. But I know that some skis suit others better. Good thing we don't all want the same ski. The ski world would be boring Or same style(although it'd be cool to ski like Nate)