Horton's Hype

webbdawg99

• Administrators

@MS I have the first Prototype and it rocks.

Since I want the thing but I do not have the time to make or market it I gave the idea away. Heck I have an extra one now so maybe I do not care anymore.... naaa I hope this turns out to be a big deal.

I sent rough drawings to 6 or 7 different Ballers. Now we wait for someone to announce that it is for sale.

• Baller

Saw a ski one time...a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away- that had a movable wing that got steeper when you pressed down on the front foot.

The idea was that it would be a true brake with the wing angle increasing, as you put weight on the front foot to decelerate, and then flattening out as you moved your weight to the back foot for acceleration.

Like I said, this was in the olden days.

• Administrators
This is far more simple. This to me it is a "Why did I not think of that sooner kind of thing". The guys who are working on this know who they are and I say the sooner they announce this the better.

• Administrators
for those catching on.... I got the idea watching a pro skier adjusting his bindings 1/16th at a time. Must skiers who do not use Power Shells have to move 3/8th at a time.

• Administrators

@webbdawg99

Radar sequence plates go 3/16th. that is almost 1/4". I want 10ths or 16ths.

Change your fin by .005 but move bindings by 1/4"? Does not make sense to me.

• Administrators

As long as we all agree that 3/8 is freak'n silly.

As for all slots that is awesome until a screw or two gets lose. Maybe you check before every ride but most skiers do not.

• Baller
So if you have a plate with slots, and are using countersunk machine screws to attach it to the ski, it seems logical to add countersinking when drilling the slots in the plate at 1/16" or 1/32" increments to allow the screw to seat itself at each increment in the slot. Having the ruler engraved/printed on plate next to the slots would just be gravy to that idea.