Cool Summer Skiing Photos

Skoot1123

• Baller_

I like this one, though its not the form and skiing position I would like to have. I liked the backdrop of the trees, the widescreen orientation, and the perspective that the photo was taken from. In short, I liked the photography better than the skiing I'm doing. We didn't take many pictures this season and no video.

And, yes, it is from a tournament.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@crashman when click on it it is not sideways...nice shot. @bracemaker so far nothing on the dam at Delhi but seems maybe making progress. I flew over it a couple of times in the last few months...just a tiny creek right now.

For those not in the know; flash flood raised water 26 feet in about 12 hours, then the dam broke and water fell like a stone. Those homes not washed away had nothing but windows popping inward from the negative pressure as the water exited.

Homeowners ass'n owned the dam, got sued by downstream farmers for mismanagement which was ridiculous...it was managed fine just got overwhelmed. Almost all my childhood ski memories are from that dirty little rez. Freddie's Beach, Hartwick Marina, Indian Joe's Rock...lots of great memories for bro's Jim, Joe, Dan, John, Mike and sisters Susan, Janet, Amy and Kate...not to mention a bunch of my friends who leared to ski there; all arranged by the Old Man "Bud", or as we called him "Chief".

• Baller
Wish you had a driver. Was recently in Orlando and was thinking that with all those lakes not having a driver could become an issue. Might be able to help you out with the driver thing next month if you don't mind helping me out with the skier thing. Working in your area for a week Will bring ski : )

• Baller
Here's a shot taken by my 12 year old son of my friend Thomas Wayne last week in Alaska. We're still tuffing it out with water in the 40's, after a great summer with many days of water in the 70's. Hopefully will get another week or so in before it becomes unbearable... Cool perspective I thought. And no, not all of us ski in face masks!

• Baller_
139K for a house on a ski lake? That wouldn't even buy an empty lot here. Can someone explain to me how that is possible? Plus, that complex looks like it would be excellent to ski.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.