"gear"

luckyone

Skied last month with a mens 8 or 9 skier that i just met at the lake i ski at and learned a cool term "gear".At first it was funny but after a while i found myself doing the same but with a big smile on my face.Talking about skier -driver communation when getting ready to be pulled out of the water to begin a pass.My guest who i just met was up first and when he was ready to go for his set he shouted "gear". I figured it out what he meant but there was a smirk on my face.30 mph 15 off no problem.22,28,32,and 2 @35 off the dock.Granted he had every brace made on ,he still rips.Once i embarassed my self barely running my opener @32mph 15 off.Had a fun time with a fellow skier that i didnt know and now i find myself using this term.lol

• Baller
Because I sometimes deal with an inexperienced driver or two, I always say "in gear" so that I have the very best opportunity to have a tight line prior to pull up.....but even in doing that I've had a tournament driver take off from that command with a loose line (f*#@ing idiot). This is something I've started doing after a few hard throttle ups without the line tight jacked my back up.

• Baller
Have been using the term "In Gear" then "OK" for many many years...Originally learned it at AWSA Tournament Driving School, it was a safety term, to insure a tight line and everyone and everything was ready to go..I always brief a new Driver before skiing and even at Tournaments.

• Baller_
Use the term for the same reason. Also used by the driver if he/she needs to move the boat while skier is standing on the back platform. This clues the skier in that the boats gonna move. Skier says yep or no depending on their balance.