Breathing life into a club favourite

charlie35gd

Hello everybody, my first posting...excuse my lay terminology.

I need to replace or repair the O'Brien Contact binding on one of my club's more popular shared skis. The only thing wrong with the binding is that the wrap is split. Does anybody know if I can buy spares or has anybody successfully repaired a split wrap?

Failing that, what would be a good replacement binding? The ski is used by grown men, so let's say feet the size of UK 10/US 11 and up.

Potentially stupid question: do O'Brien skis share the same binding fittings or will I have to drill anew. I'm assuming that hole pattterns/templates are not standard from manufacturer to manufacturer, but I'll be most happy to be corrected. Finally, should any of you know of a good guide to these matters, I am a good reader so a link would be very useful.

Thank you. Charlie

• Baller
@charlie35gd Wiley's do have closed toes though so if the guys who use the ski have drastically different size feet, it won't work. For instance, a size 9, 10, and 12 will actually be three different binding sizes. You could also try www.ski-it-again.com and look for some older HO Animals as well if you guys are set on the wrap style binding.

• Baller
I have an unused, never been mounted, O'Brien Contact rear, size L, that has the same wrap (and heel piece and most of the hardware). From your post, I assume you're in the UK, which may complicate thigs a bit, but if we can make arrangements, you can have it for the shipping.