Ski Schools/coaching around Miami?

Spesh

Hi guys, a friend of mine is traveling over from the UK to Miami mid to late October, for the main purpose of skiing, so I thought I might as well tag along.

I'm 27 years old and have been skiing for just under 3 years and have reached the stage now where I could really benefit from some decent coaching to help me progress to the next stage. I'm currently regularly running 22off/36mph and getting about halfway down 28. I've hit the wall a bit at 28 where my technique needs some improving. However I have been told that I have the potential to be a decent skier.

What I'm really after is somewhere/someone who can spend a bit of time with me at the lake, getting to know me and my style of skiing over the period of a couple of weeks. And can spend some time giving me tuition on the dock too. I'm leaning more towards someone who has a bit of a pedigree in coaching, rather than a current pro, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, since I don't know the area well at all, I thought I would post up on here for some advice. Below are a couple of videos of me skiing 15off/34mph and 22off/36mph respectively, just so you can understand where I'm at with my skiing.

Cheers

34mph 15off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkyLPsQOmzQ

36mph 22off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLGE04aFJXk

• Baller
@skihacker, Bobby Pine is sound, but when I skied there with Spesh, it was behind a waterlogged Nautique 196 with huge wakes, which matched the huge rollers coming off of one of those big wakeboard boats that resembles a Fire Boat coming down the lake with all it,s hoses spraying, couldn't quite work out what music they were playing at the time.

• Baller
@Spesh if you can't sort anything out down there, we would be happy to help you in Orlando. I think you would find we are exactly what you are looking for, excluding the fact that Freddie is a current pro, but he happens to be an amazing coach as well. I think you will find out program quite different that most "ski schools". It's more like skiing with your friends, but in the nicest conditions and boats possible, and they actually know what they're talking about.

Rocky and Amador are really the only ones who give lessons at the club..I can give you there info if you like Or Ann McGinnis a bit north in FTL. But if you would like to ski and you're in town shoot me a message and I can take you out. We usually ski mornings before work Monday thru Thursday and twice on Saturday and Sunday. we usually put a G in to go surf and hangout between sets on the weekend.

• Baller
I contacted Arturo about this time last year about skiing. His prices were pretty high and he had some weird rules. Pay in advance, be ready 15 minutes ahead of your appointment, etc. One that sticks in my mind was he didn't allow double high wraps or hard shells unless you could run 32 off. What's up with that?? Oh, I can run 32 though. It just didn't seem to be up my alley.