A Different Sort of Waterski Related a World Record

Texas6

• Baller

Did we talk about this already? 60 skiers behind one boat? I know I know, not even in the vicinity of close to as cool as Nate rounding two ball at 43' but still looks to be a pending world record of some sort for 60 skiers. Probably gave a local newsman work for an afternoon...maybe

• Baller

I found this link as well. GoPro from the top of the pyramid. Seeing it from this perspective is really really cool. I have always thought about the rope/handle management required to pull off something like this. Very impressive and looks like a heck of a lot of fun.

• Baller
Yep, Australia definitely wins the horsepower record jeeze! I actually did a small pyramid in the early nineties for a 4th of July show on Lake Conroe in Houston. We had to use three boats in parallel and then swing everybody in to the pyramid from the two exterior boats and give them their handles. I think we had 10-12 people total. Here is a pic from that day prior to swinging everybody in to the middle. I am in the middle riding jump skis with the first person on top of my shoulders. It was deceivingly tiring and clearly very rough water. I can't imagine how hard this world record was logistically from a handle maintenance perspective. The picture looks a thousand years old, no wonder it took so many boats

• Baller

Last year that same team pulled 54 skiers in pyramids and then another pulled 55 in pyramids. The team pulling 55 used an inboard tandem pulling a 900hp Optimax powered Hydrodyne to pull them off the dock. This year in the video you've shown, the 54 skier team managed to pull 60 skiers behind just a 900hp hydrodyne (no second boat helping to pull the first). To me, most impressive was the pyramid formation they used this year, very few skiers on the bottom level who weren't carrying anybody. This year took something amazing to a new level.

@ski6jones our 145 Skier World Record team doesn't have much experience with pyramids. After the 55 skier team posted their video, I sent a message to the 54 skier team suggesting they come here, use our boat and double it. I think 110 skiers in pyramids would look awesome behind 120ft 3150hp Eagle. It doesn't have zero off, but speed control is very good with 90 tonnes of inertia from the boat. We still have the boat, cranes, booms, helicopters, site etc.......

Checkout the water conditions for our roughest ever big ski run 108 skiers here http://www.youtube.com/edit?feature=vm&o=U&ns=1&video_id=_3LtbKA8wV4