MS .vs JTH

skidawg

• Baller_

Lots of good skiing at Cottonwood this weekend. Thanks to @Skidawg for working his arse off as a judge. The guy sat in the boat all weekend and had to watch everyone ski. He is walking good and I think we will see him back on top next spring.

It was fun taking down the SIGL again.

• Baller
Thanks to all the skiers and officials @klindy and @skidawg for sure. Regina tying the world record 3@41 was very cool to witness. But, there were so many other great scores - too many to count. Events are truly a reflection of the people who are there - that's why Cottonwood tournaments are so fun!

• Administrators

my 12 month USAWS average is 103.67 w/ 3

scores into 39

@MS 12 month average is 102.75 w/ one big score at 39

the bad news is MS has new Monzas so he will be into 47 off next year.

• Baller_

I brought home 2 brand new black top 67 inch Monzas. As soon as I get them flex tested, I am off to the races.

@Horton I didnt ski many events this year and all of my Minnesota events were weather blow outs so really I had 6 rounds where I didnt ski in pouring rain or white caps.

• Baller
Great Tournament! Nicest bunch of people I have ever had the chance to meet! Only tournament I can ever recall where people would walk up, introduce themselves to the new guy then just chat or offer a tip if they saw something that might need fixing. I was as happy as a pig in a heated mud bath to have been part of it. @Horton MS skied very goode!!!! So did Kim!!!

• Baller
Ya -- had a great time at SkiWatch and some great food, beer and laughs with @OB! My only two tournaments of the year. Was bummed not to run -38 after running it both sets on Thursday and on my only set Monday, but the way this year went I'm pretty satisfied with my skiing. I don't have to beat @MS and @Horton to feel good about myself . . . it helps, but I don't have to!

• Baller
@MS -- I don't think you would have gotten a rib with @OB there -- thought he'd bit my arm off to get one more slab on his plate! @Scoke is skiing really, really well. Think he ran 38 three times and ran 5 one time. He looked great, and we had a lot of fun hanging out.

• Baller

Unfortunately at skiwatch I ripped off straight thru 38 Friday in practice at the site, then first round on Sat bumped 4 ball at 38, ski skipped and stopped torching my rear ankle. Tried to ski second round on big purple ankle but was tough sledding putting any pressure on back foot...whiffed 35 and scratched 3rd set...though the ribs were good afterward with the boys from ski atlanta!

Took good drugs, taped and tried first round Sunday, ran 2 @ 38 which was ok considering the ankle. Limped up shore and scratched the next two rounds relegated to scoring and judging (and swizzling). Ankle looks gnarly. I can walk ok, but flexing the ankle ie) ski position is no muy bueno.

Cool thing is no fracture, achilles in-tact, and I had a great long weekend regardless of the injury. Great site/weather/people and some good skiers running hot in good conditions. More refreshed back at work than I have been in a long time.

• Baller

@richarddoane I understand, but there is not much more skiing going on here in MN. Give me a nice site and a long weekend in FL, I'm using it. I did the same last year and PB'd there with 2.5@39 the next day. Ran it Monday after the tourney too along with Harber and @razorskier1...3 happy dudes that morning.

On a weekend like that, I'm looking for fun, sun, ribs, drinks, skiing...yee haw. If the scores work out it's a touchdown. If not I'm still pretty happy as we had a great time.

• Baller

MS ran 3@39

Little Dawg ran over a 30 pound Carp

Chad ran over a Cattail

MS ran 3@39

The Nautique ran over a snake and spit it all over the lake

Tom Hagar ran over 3 bubble buoys in one pass

MS ran 3@39

Karen ran out of wine

Joe ran out of Bud Light Lime

&...MS ran 3@39

:)))))))

• Baller

Nice skiing @ms. Looked great. Was fun weekend and great to see everyone. @mrjones you sure ran a sick 39 right before we shutdown for the weekend. Super Chicken got on her new XT for the first time at the event and ran 35 3 out of 4 times so that seems to be a good start for her new ski. That's the first rides she has taken on a different ski in over 15 months. Needs some tweaking, but showed promise.