Mapple Performance Center

Skoot1123

• Baller

OK, so I just booked a trip to Florida during December and will be in Orlando for a week. I would like to go to Mapple Performance center for a set or two with my wife (and my kids will be along as well). My thought was either to take our ski's and get some lessons on them - OR - should we demo the Mapple? If we don't take our ski's what kind of bindings would be put on the Mapple ski's? Only tried calling once but got voicemail. Will be trying again soon - work is busy.

What would you do if you had a choice?

I am currently on an HO A3 - which I love and @tfin helped me DIAL it in. My wife is on an 08 Monza. (just for you @ms) We both run Radar RS-1 boots. Thoughts? Thanks much!

• Baller

You will be able to get a free demo set on both the 6.0 and 6.1. Then you can get either one for the 30 day trial period (purchase ski) or go down the street and demo the mapple skis from Performance for the rest of the week. Probably safer than putting your ski on an airplane. I packed my Strada boots and did this. I now have a new 6.1 and am starting the 30 day trial period. Can't wait to ski tomorrow. You will

enjoy the Mapple experience.

• Baller
Just booked two dates with Mapple Ski's. Needless to say I'm stoked. Katie is definitely great to work with, informative and courteous. Thanks! To boot - my wife and I will celebrate our anniversary waterskiing in Florida. Same thing last year....might have to make this a tradition!

• Baller
Just spent an afternoon with Andy and Aiden at the lake. I can't say enough good things about the experience that @Mapple has put together down there! I love my 6.0 and he gave me a couple of what seemed like the littlest things to change in my pullout and my offside reach and turn that were frickin amazing! So sad that I'm back in MN and it's cold, windy and nasty!

Just to comment on the 6.0. I struggled with the ski for a month at first and was at the point of selling it. Andy set up after I sent him a video. I could not get it to work. Then I went to factory settings and eventually put boots quarter in forward. Now I love it. Best ski so far. But go to Andy or Aiden for the personal set up or just start at stock. The video set up didn't work for me. That said, the service from the company is great, just like the man behind the product.

• Baller
@Skoot1123 -- totally your call, but when I went to ski with Andy in April I just jumped right in and got on an M6 without even taking a set on my Razor first. I think sometimes going from one ski onto another can be really difficult when the skis are very different -- odds are the second ski won't feel right. Since you haven't skied in a while, you might try just going onto it and seeing what you think.

• Baller_
I rode mine first, had a fin tweak and then a set on his. I kinda agree with @Razorskier1. Would have been interesting had I done it the other way around. @Razorskier1 your bother @6balls is a nice guy and had fun meeting him and his friends..also a great group of guys. Truly appreciated the ski time they all let me in on. He speaks very highly of you. At least that's what he was sayn when he was handing me the $20.

• Baller
@razorskier1 - good point. I have an ulterior motive to bringing our owns ski's too though - the possibility of later in the week / week after of getting in some skiing behind the new 2014 Prostar! :D (unless of course we buy a ski - then I'll have a "problem".....but a good one)!

• Baller

Ya hanging with my buddy Gavin making drinks til 3:30 makes it more than a little tough to ski one's best the next day(was like being in college again...I think it had to do with some payback).

Was great meeting and skiing with @wish. Great guy, great skier, and very perceptive coach.

Time with Andy was really cool, too. Highly recommend skiing with him, great coaching demeanor and said things to me I had never heard before...wish I had more season to work on it but we're done now up north.

DAVE