Radar Vice Gloves sizing difference heads up!

Wish

• Baller_

Ok, it's no secret that I love these cloves. I feel they are better then any glove of this type now or in the past by a long shot. But, I've had to work with Radar (who I feel did their best) to rectify something that took months to accomplish. But that doesn't matter here or why I'm writing this. After several pairs and exchanges, it is clear that the sizes for Medium Vice gloves are no longer the same. As you can see in the photos of last yrs model vs this yrs. The straps are significantly shorter and I cant even close the strap across the back of the hand. Today I tried on the large in the new style/model yr and they fit exactly the same as my mediums of last yr. Save yourself headaches and order large if last years mediums were snug but fit. I cannot speak to the other sizes but would rationalize that this would hold true across all sizings. I truly hope this helps skiers, venders and Radar alleviate return headaches.

Photo is of last yrs and this yrs gloves both marked medium. I will add that in wearing the gloves last yr or this yr, do not over tighten the strap over the back of the hand. Make a fist, then close it. Should alleviate any unnecessary taring of the stitchings. They changed the color. I like it!!b4bb91268b208eb666952f73509f19.jpg7a06a9b3a56dde4c88eaa56583a8d6.jpg

• Baller

I also love the Radar Vice gloves - however, I have been having major issues with the palm material wearing through. I'm on my third pair in a year and after a 3/4 sets, the palm material is wearing through again just beside that palm strap. Are any of you having this problem?

• Baller_
@Oksker @ctsmith. Same here. The new model yr has added material (second layer) right at that ware point. Plus, not overtightening the strap across the back of the hand will slow that ware down. New material added should help a great deal. First set tonight on the new gloves. Will report back.

• Baller
Rats! I read this thread two days too late. The new Vapor Boas are a size smaller than last year too. It took three passes of hand pain morphing into hands-asleep before it became clear that they were not going to stretch enough while wet.

• Baller_
Well, lets see, I've been using the new pair A LOT this winter. Far more then I have skied in past winters. 3-4 sets per week 8 passes typical. They have lasted 5 months and am just now seeing some where to each side of the strap in the palm. Two small holes smaller then a pencil eraser. Figure another month. Maybe 2. Fit is still good. Not tight, as new but not bad. All the straps are perfect with no issues with any of the parts. No special way I take care of them. Use em, hang em. So to me, aside from the sizing change, they are as good if not better then last yrs and still way better then ML.

• Baller

Bump!

I need to replace my Masterline Pro Locks. @Wish, Does the new Radar Vice glove have a Plastic Ring at the wrist or a metal one I was not able to use the old style Radar Vice Glove because of the length of the plastic ring (more like a square) that holds the wrist strap tight. It would intrude into the muscle at the very base of my thumb where it meets the wrist.

I was hoping that if I got the 2014 Vice Gloves, and the D-Ring on the wrist had been changed to metal, I'd be able to bend it gently away from my "Thumb Meat"

So, is it Metal or Plastic?

• Baller_
Yes metal. And much larger DRing. I've had that same issue with the new gloves. The larges stretched a bit. Added liners and the problem was solved. Bending may help as well. Good luck.

• Baller_
I do not think any size changes from 2015-2016. But size changes YES from white/black vs gray/black. They do run smaller. Got 2 pair on order in Feb and they look and feel the same as 2015 which were all gray and black..no white.

• Baller
I need to order another pair of vice gloves.......I currently have the white ones in XL....after reading this thread I am thinking I need to order the new black ones in 2XL? Anyone have first hand experience?

• Baller

Hi @rodecon. I have always used the Vice gloves and the XL size.

Bought a pair of XXL gloves last year and thought they were a little big at first but now love them.

They are wearing amazingly - no wear areas etc with a half year of skiing on them.

THinking that the looser feeling is easier on the gloves with less stretch stress etc.

Good luck

• Baller
My motto on gloves fwiw: if you find a brand and model you like, buy a bunch. They change every year or get made by someone else and don't get made the same way. Better yet, buy the bunch at year end close out!