Who is running rubber bindings on a Goode Nano One XT?

wawaskr

• Baller
How many people riding a Goode Nano One XT are running rubber bindings? If so, what bindings are your running? It seems that the front inserts of the rear binding location on the Nano One XT are spaced wider than the other ski mfgs standard insert pattern (HO, Obrien, Radar), and thus preventing you from being able to cant your rear binding. I would like to be able to have my rear boot canted, but with the fwd insert pattern the width it is, I guess I have to run the binding straight. Have other rubber binding users experienced this same thing?

• Baller
Thanks, but if I was to go that route, I would just build my own plate and mount my bindings (minus the binding plates) directly to it. Then drill holes in the plate to pick up the Goode inserts. This way I could cant my rear boot also.

• Baller

Just for refrence "canting: is cause (something) to be in a slanting or oblique position; tilt. "he canted his head to look at the screen"

synonyms: tilt, lean, slant, slope, incline;

take or have a slanting position.

"mismatched slate roofs canted at all angles"

@wawaskr so you are actually want to rotate your bindings canting to me says you want to add a wedge under your feet.

• Baller
@MattP - that is correct. I want to mount my rear binding "rotated" off the centerline axis of the ski - no wedge. Anyone know why the rear insert pattern that Goode uses has the front inserts spaced wider apart than the typical "standard" rear pattern (HO/Obrien/Radar)?

• Baller

For me it is not a big problem, I cut my plates out of carbon sheet and I can cut then drill them make slots at any position on the plate I want, to match the insert pattern.

Having said that I do not understand why Goode drill the ski in such a way that does not match the pattern of any rear plate made by every manufacturer out there. There is not one plate (as far as I know) that fits Goode pattern.

Goode also makes the “Goode PowerPlate” for bonding the rubber boots to a ski with dual lock without drilling it. That plate made by Goode uses the pattern of all the ski manufactures and not the pattern of the Nano one or Nano xt.

I really like that the ski comes with inserts, I use to put Reflex Bonds which is a lot more work than drilling a plate but using a universal pattern would help a lot too!

This is true!!! The Goode "universal" PowerPlate holes are in the wrong spots. I've been trying to get Goode to fix this issue for a couple years. I have HO Animals and I like to rotate the rear binding. HO Animals are arguably the most common binding on the planet. HO has not changed their hole pattern since 2002. Goode refuses to use the correct pattern. They even drilled 2 of my new skis with the wrong pattern.

• Baller

My wife runs ho's venoms on Nano One and testing Nano XT - and following is what we did to fully cant.

Front holes - (llf) (shifted to the right of the ski) Right screw goes in middle of 3 holes - left one get's big washer and goes on out side of the plate.

Back holes - (shifted to the left of the ski) Had to drill hole to right of slot to align with the insert and the left screw goes in to normal slot.

Made sure that it was fully secure and check screws every time we ski.

We spoke to Dave at the nationals about this, but the XT was already out - he did offer to do special inserts next time we ordered the ski (I thought that was very nice).

• Baller
When I used HO Animals on a Goode G10 plate the front holes for the rear plate were also too wide by a smidgen. After a I broke the G10 plate in two when the rear heel dual lock released and the front of the plate did not, I bought a new plate from @teammalibu and set the new holes correctly for HO plates. Now I run Strada boots directly mounted to that same plate. Santa sent me a sequence plate, so now I am ready to try some new skis this spring.