ZBOX version 8.0.5

WIskier

Anyone out there running the newer 8.0.5 and notice a big difference from the earlier versions? I haven't heard much about the new version with the "+" settings, but from the little I have heard, it's a big upgrade over the earlier ZBOX versions.

• Baller
I'm running the latest version and skiing C3 + but mostly open water. Its a big improvement over the older version single line display that came with the boat which was pretty bad switching between it and ZO. Our system may not be dialed in perfectly but I ski in B2 behind the 200 with ZO and C3 behind the Malibu / Zbox. I don't have any problems switching between the two boats or systems.

• Baller

@wlskier I've upgraded several boats. The difference is dramatic. Really really worthwhile. It locks in quicker. The pull is more stable. Big upgràde. Small price. 8.02 and 8.00 seemed much the same to me but 8.05 is a big improvement.

Greg

• Baller
Upgrade the software, you WILL NOT be disappointed. Same as @ozski I ski a B2 setting on PPSG ZBox and a C1 or C3 setting on ZO. I have just added the (+) recently cause on ZO it was really helping with my gate pull out and glide. Have not skied the (+) on PPSG yet.........

• Baller
@greghind, we have vers 8.0 installed on our 2005 MC DBW 5.7L; works great, in course buoy times are .03 or less; the only issue is an overshoot of the initial baseline rpm when pulling up a skier; in the CAL mode, no overshoot issues; but in the GPS SLALOM mode, when you set a skier weight, L, N, etc it overshoots by 600 rpms or so before settling back to the baseline setting. Not a big deal per se, but sometimes challenging on our short set up to have the speed settled before the timing buoys. Based on your experience, any suggestions? I've lowered and raised the baseline, but it doesn't seem to help. How critical is the Z-box being perfectly level in the boat? Do you level it with the boat floating or on a plane? tks, mac

• Baller
@razorskier1 no kidding...your former boat could handle any short set-up. Big hole shot, stopped on speed on a dime just like ZO does...overshoot? What the hell is overshoot? That was a seriously dialed Z-box boat.