Goode Nano One XT review starts now

Horton

• Administrators

I started the review of the Goode Nano One XT this week. There is not a lot of say because I only have 2 sets on it so far. Tonight I tried out some settings Nick Parsons gave me. I ran two 32s and five 35s. As I get more passes the ski feels better and better. The Nano One and the XT almost have a different cadence than other skis.

I have about 25 rides to figure it out.

• Administrators
I am on the 65.25.... besides that this thread is just announcing that the test is starting. I don't know if the settings are good or bad. I only have ONE set.

• Administrators
@jmvana1‌ if you have read my past reviews you know I take my time. I take a lot of sets before I say too much. My final review will not be published for over a month.

• Administrators

So I am 4 rides in to the review and the more I ride this ski the more I like it.

One of the hard parts of reviewing skis is keeping things in perspective. EXAMPLE: I ran 5 back to back 35s my second set yesterday. Those 35s were not as smooth as I wished they could be but Holy Hell it is April. and I ran 5 back to back 35s and was not completely destroyed by it? Furthermore I do not know if I could have skied them any smoother on any other ski.

I am focusing on my gate at 35 at the moment. I feel like I have to adjust my skiing to get the most out of this ski and if I can work out the gate at 35 I expect the same to work at 38.

I am going to run a lot of 38s on this ski and take a poke at my PB.

• Administrators

@davidmiller‌ I was using settings from rouhly what Parsons suggested

Front boot 28 7/8

Back boot (behind front boot)

6.900 tips

Next set I am trying settings from "The Chad"

2.503 6,764 (jaws) ,708. 10 degrees

• Administrators
You guys realize that if you have to explain what version of caliper you are using this is ridiculous. I have slot calipers but if you have to spec a version just supply tips.

• Members
@Goodeskier, @davemiller, can you give me any photos of your rear boot? I have large powershells and cant get them any closer then 16.75. @davemillers fin settings look pretty stock aside from the rear boot. So this maybe my answer to a better off side turn....thanks in advance

• Baller
@musclefixer‌ just like @AlbertoSoares said. Just take a small hack saw and cut the tip of the tow of the shell off. Doesn't take much. Doesn't effect anything other than being able to get your center of mass and foot placement closer and more over the sweet spot. I think we cut mine back to the first small cavity. It isn't much.

• Members
@Goodeskier, @AlbertoSoares, I understand thank you I will try it but Isnt the ability to slide the boot further forward dictated by the slot under the binding, . Im as far forward as I can go, not because the rear toe is touching the heel of the front, but because it cant move any further. Is that still ok?

• Baller
@Horton (and others), the Goode size chart lists the 65.25" at up to 195 lbs with the 66" at 165-220. Similarly, the 67" Vapor is listed for 160 to 190 lbs. On the assumption that you weigh closer to 190 than 160, is your bias to be on a smaller ski when two size ranges cover your weight?

• Administrators
@BlueSki‌ the Nano One really brakes with the standard when it comes to the size chart. I am 190 and have had the standard Nano One and am now on the XT. For me the 65.25 seems to be the right size.

• Baller

@BlueSki @Horton originally that was my thought....... but I have moved from a Nano One 65.25" to a Nano One XT 66" and now on a Nano OneXT 66.75" and really liking it! I am 185 lbs and 6' 3" tall. I have the 66" and the 66.75" currently, but when I go back and ski the 66" I end up liking my 66.75" the best. Just a thought, dependent on what you feel.

Early season, 3rd set of the year, water temp of 41 degree,s and I have been running practice back to back 32' OFF with ease on the larger ski. It has proved to be the right feel for me. So the sizing chart can be taken with a grain of salt...........

• Baller

@davidmiller‌, hallo what is your suggestion for the rear boot placement on the 66" XT? I use a RTP but I can measure the distance from the back of my heel to the end of the ski minus the thickness of a liner+boot.

Thanks!

• Baller
@Chef23 in CA I ran up to 2 @ 38 in January after the 5th set. After not skiing for 2 months. That was only a couple balls short of where I was on the 66" in the best part of my summer (for a normal average score) and the water temp was only 58 in January. I have yet to hit that line where the longer ski has any negative effects. We'll see in the coming months..............

• Administrators

From what I hear some skiers like the 66 better but I think the 65.25 is the ski that most skiers like better. I LOVED the 65.25 Nano last year and I am 190.

@GOODESkier‌ is pretty tall so that may be a factor.